Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
TribalWar Forums
Page 1110 of 1252

TribalWar Forums (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/index.php)
-   TWHOF (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=275)
-   -   This is for you Trump voters. (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=683482)

Fool 11-07-2016 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walking_Man (Post 18668394)
Yeah no **** because they already had long lines in 2012. Now imagine you have the 16 polling locations available in 2012 in your dem heavy county cut down to 1 while your neighboring rural republican heavy county has the same number of stations as in 2012.

I don't think you need to break out graph paper and a compass to figure this out, bud

You're talking about early voting. EARLY voting.

Walking_Man 11-07-2016 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fool (Post 18668395)
Are you suggesting that such an email exists and that the entire party is corruptly orchestrating an organized suppression? Do you have proof of such a thing?

Jesus christ, you people really do live solely in your own echo chambers oblivious to everything else. Go google GOP NC exec dir Dallas Woodhouse's leaked emails

“County Board of Elections (BOE) do not have to be unanimous in making early voting changes. Republicans can and should make party line changes to early voting… Our Republican Board members should feel empowered to make legal changes to early voting plans, that are supported by Republicans.

We need to fully support our County BOE members as they make important decisions that follow the law and support republican positions.”

Walking_Man 11-07-2016 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fool (Post 18668398)

You know why early voting exists, right? Because it makes it easier for people to have access to the polls depending on their schedule.

By literal definition restricting ease of access to voting is suppression.

Edofnor 11-07-2016 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fool (Post 18668398)

http://downtofish.com/wp-content/upl...2/Practice.jpg

Fool 11-07-2016 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walking_Man (Post 18668401)
You know why early voting exists, right? Because it makes it easier for people to have access to the polls depending on their schedule.

By literal definition restricting ease of access to voting is suppression.

And it's not the only method of voting before November 8th. There are multiple means in which to do so. If a person is too lazy to the point where a long line prevents them from voting EARLY and then says "**** it not worth it" than that is on them. It's not suppression if you don't make any effort.

havax 11-07-2016 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingSobieski (Post 18668350)
http://i1.wp.com/thelastlineofdefens...6/11/m4k5i.png

I sure hope this is the HRC sex tape :sex:

yep, i think this tweet is fake. trying to confirm.

[N]PRIME189 11-07-2016 19:55

Lol Germany building a wall

German crews build barrier higher than Berlin Wall to separate town from refugee wave | Fox News

Walking_Man 11-07-2016 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fool (Post 18668408)
And it's not the only method of voting before November 8th. There are multiple means in which to do so. If a person is too lazy to the point where a long line prevents them from voting EARLY and then says "**** it not worth it" than that is on them. It's not suppression if you don't make any effort.

Why do your goal posts keep moving further and further back? Ask how reps could restrict early voting in dem areas, I explain how. Ask for email proof that it was because of partisan marching orders from GOP NC executives, I give it to you. Now you decide that the definition of suppressing early voting is something else entirely

Walking_Man 11-07-2016 20:01

It's me, Fool, I believe that pollsters are complicit in rigging elections by fluffing numbers to favor a certain candidate to discourage people from voting.

But a party actively reducing early voting access is totally not an example of suppressing early voting.

coombz 11-07-2016 20:06

why would you even try to have a conversation with Fool

he's an unashamedly partisan weasel

at least with someone like havax or mrkhammers there is some comedy value in engaging them

TonyElTigre 11-07-2016 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walking_Man (Post 18668383)
You know exactly the same as I do what it is. If a DNC email leaked where the DNC people told democratic board of elections members to do it to republican heavy voting areas you'd lose your mind and we both know it.

I was more upset about them setting up the debates ahead of time and colluding on what questions to ask Trump.

I was more upset to see Clinton using donations to her foundation for personal use.

I wouldnt be that concerned about early voting locations, since you can just vote by mail in NC and Ohio.

Greedo909 11-07-2016 20:08

new molesta leaks

WikiLeaks - The Podesta Emails

Quote:

From:[email protected] To: john.podesta@gmail,com, podesta.mary@gmail,com Date: 2014-01-31 19:17

Subject: Last night was fun

Still in torture chamber
Another question. Do you two wanna have feb 14 valentines day dinner
:confused:

KittyCat 11-07-2016 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by coombz (Post 18668418)

at least with someone like havax or mrkhammers there is some comedy value in engaging them

Fool 11-07-2016 20:11

It's me, Walking_Man, I believe my own party to be too lazy or incompetent to find their way to the polls on November 8th and view any potential reason that might trigger said laziness or incompetence with open hostility.

Fool 11-07-2016 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by coombz (Post 18668418)

Yeesh that's harsh. I've mostly voted for Democrats, just FYI. Perhaps I'm sick of people claiming there's no such thing as voter fraud and then complaining about voter suppression. Maybe I'm not a fan of unabashed hypocrisy.

[N]PRIME189 11-07-2016 20:17

Coombs r prices in aukland really bananas, looks like us$ 800k
For halfway decent house

Walking_Man 11-07-2016 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fool (Post 18668422)
It's me, Walking_Man, I believe my own party to be too lazy or incompetent to find their way to the polls on November 8th and view any potential reason that might trigger said laziness or incompetence with open hostility.

lol, you don't even remember why I brought up NC GOP suppressing early voting access in dem areas, do you?

I said that lowered dem early voting in 2016 versus 2012 early voting may or may not be completely due to a major reduction of access to early voting versus 2012 in dem heavy areas and that those people might just all show up on the 8th to vote and make up the difference thus making it difficult to read into NC early voting numbers to project how the state will go.

I never said anything about suppressing voting on the 8th. You're now projecting your own moving goal posts onto me lol

coombz 11-07-2016 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by [N]PRIME189 (Post 18668429)
Coombs r prices in aukland really bananas, looks like us$ 800k
For halfway decent house

yeah man people are freaking the **** out here about the housing market...lots of chinese people, rich investor types and buyers from overseas snapping up all the property and driving prices sky high

yet another situation in my life where I've been undeservedly lucky...we bought our place just a scant few weeks before things started getting really crazy here in Wellington

I vacillate between having sympathy for all my peers and the millennials who are in a **** situation now, and feeling really smug about it :s

td of TW fame must be feeling pretty good too, i remember he said he bought the worst house on the best street in Auckland he could afford a few years ago, i bet he's lookin at a huge increase in how much his place is worth now

you looking at movin' overseas if Killary wins? :roller:

Fool 11-07-2016 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walking_Man (Post 18668430)
lol, you don't even remember why I brought up NC GOP suppressing early voting access in dem areas, do you?

I said that lowered dem early voting in 2016 versus 2012 early voting may or may not be completely due to a major reduction of access to early voting versus 2012 in dem heavy areas and that those people might just all show up on the 8th to vote and make up the difference thus making it difficult to read into NC early voting numbers to project how the state will go.

I never said anything about suppressing voting on the 8th. You're now projecting your own moving goal posts onto me lol

Not at all, and you basically just summed up my entire point. You can't prove that voting was "suppressed" due to lower voter turnout, and you must resort to using "may" in your explanation. It's just as likely that turnout was lower because black people aren't as excited as voting for Hillary as they were for Obama, which is an entirely reasonable assertion.

Walking_Man 11-07-2016 20:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fool (Post 18668435)
Not at all, and you basically just summed up my entire point. You can't prove that voting was "suppressed" due to lower voter turnout, and you must resort to using "may" in your explanation. It's just as likely that turnout was lower because black people aren't as excited as voting for Hillary as they were for Obama, which is an entirely reasonable assertion.

There's really nothing more to say to someone who doesn't think that axing early voting access and hours in only dem areas at the marching orders of your state party directors who literally tell you do it in "support of the republican position" isn't an example of attempting to suppress early voting.

But I do hope you have a fantastic day tomorrow.

Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page