Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
TribalWar Forums
Page 3 of 39

TribalWar Forums (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Why I left/am leaving TW (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=636846)

JohnnyX 07-20-2011 11:09

see you later, alligator

Fool 07-20-2011 11:10

I think the point that needs to be made here is to get past 263 rep as fast as possible.

T-Refried-455 07-20-2011 11:10

good thing i cleared that hurdle yesterday

phew

nigafool 07-20-2011 11:11

in fact

most of the posters i think are completely content-free still post here: badmofiof, goshin, almuktra, etc.

imo kura and tse tse provided plenty of content, in their own way

lemon 07-20-2011 11:12

I think the thing that most upset JM0K about me was my superior e-reputation. He couldn't wrap his fat ****ing head around it.

Rampancy 07-20-2011 11:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by anomaly (Post 16566231)
but who the **** are you to call him out, no one here knows you.

I think that's sort of the point

Being "known" can get you ****ed with if some random angsty shut-in decides he doesn't like you

goblindave hated Baby Bew for no apparent reason, can almost guarantee he would have ****ed with him if somebody had decided it would be funny to post Baby Bew's info

But I'm sure Bew is a total **** poster who provides no content and therefore deserves to get ****ed with, right?

Legend 07-20-2011 11:12

It is a shame TW has become so assholish, it's precisely why I and many like me haven't gotten as involved over the years as we might have done.

There was a time when a TW regular brazenly abusing another would have been remedied by the ******* in question being banned. Now it seems that you can do whatever you like to someone right up to rallying people to **** over someone professionally and you don't have to worry about it. All the victim can look forward to is admins telling them they brought it on themselves and everyone else LOLing away, even though the person might have spent years contributing time and money to the forums.

Example: someone gets involved in a cookery thread and posts one of their Facebook pictures of a meal they made. Someone knows you can get the person's profile by using part of the URL, finds the person's profile, starts posting pictures of the guy's sister, etc. The guy might have opened himself up to this, but that doesn't excuse being such an ******* the offender would be banned and the material removed on my forums. It requires actual thinking and use of discretion, but that's kind of what an admin's ****ing job is.

Instead the person is told they shouldn't have posted anything revealing, ignoring the extraordinary ability to sniff things out some of the ****s on this forum have. I mean you'd have to practically post nothing ever to avoid being nexted should someone really want to do it. TW would be nothing without its once strong community spirit, so how about looking after that ****ing community and stopping members being screwed over with the very things they contributed to TW in the first place?

It does have an effect on posting quality because it means people are constantly having to watch what they say and post in case some geek **** uses TinEye on photos they've posted of themselves, trawls Google to match a company someone works at with where they live, gets someone's Facebook profile from something they've posted, etc. Net result? Less openness and willingness to contribute to the community beyond posting stupid bull****, trolling, and fighting. And what a surprise, that's exactly what TW now is (and no it wasn't always that way before the usual parade of assholes come in and say it).

Out of curiosity Fool and Rayn: would you respond well to **** like the above being done to you? Or would your first inclination be to go ahead and make use of that ban feature?

nigafool 07-20-2011 11:13

i dont care if someone with 4 posts 'calls me out'

just try to make some sense when you do it

i cant see tags/titles anyway so i cant even tell who is a member or vetx or whatever

coombz 07-20-2011 11:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Refried-455 (Post 16566244)
good thing i cleared that hurdle yesterday

phew

you must be doing something right

nigafool 07-20-2011 11:14

lots of people manage to post interesting things here without revealing personal information or allowing tw into their personal facebook

if you can't handle this you probably have bigger things to worry about than posting on an internet forum

like being really dumb

ElectroWaffle 07-20-2011 11:15

This is why I am afraid to say hello to Goshin at kickball, for fear of nexting.

Diablo Escobar 07-20-2011 11:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElectroWaffle (Post 16566256)
This is why I am afraid to say hello to Goshin at kickball, for fear of nexting.

say hello to him with a shotgun and there won't be any issues

Merranza 07-20-2011 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thriky (Post 16566250)
It is a shame TW has become so assholish, it's precisely why I and many like me haven't gotten as involved over the years as we might have done.

There was a time when a TW regular brazenly abusing another would have been remedied by the ******* in question being banned. Now it seems that you can do whatever you like to someone right up to rallying people to **** over someone professionally and you don't have to worry about it. All the victim can look forward to is admins telling them they brought it on themselves and everyone else LOLing away, even though the person might have spent years contributing time and money to the forums.

Example: someone gets involved in a cookery thread and posts one of their Facebook pictures of a meal they made. Someone knows you can get the person's profile by using part of the URL, finds the person's profile, starts posting pictures of the guy's sister, etc. The guy might have opened himself up to this, but that doesn't excuse being such an ******* the offender would be banned and the material removed on my forums. It requires actual thinking and use of discretion, but that's kind of what an admin's ****ing job is.

Instead the person is told they shouldn't have posted anything revealing, ignoring the extraordinary ability to sniff things out some of the ****s on this forum have. I mean you'd have to practically post nothing ever to avoid being nexted should someone really want to do it. TW would be nothing without its once strong community spirit, so how about looking after that ****ing community and stopping members being screwed over with the very things they contributed to TW in the first place?

It does have an effect on posting quality because it means people are constantly having to watch what they say and post in case some geek **** uses TinEye on photos they've posted of themselves, trawls Google to match a company someone works at with where they live, gets someone's Facebook profile from something they've posted, etc. Net result? Less openness and willingness to contribute to the community beyond posting stupid bull****, trolling, and fighting. And what a surprise, that's exactly what TW now is (and no it wasn't always that way before the usual parade of assholes come in and say it).

Out of curiosity Fool and Rayn: would you respond well to **** like the above being done to you? Or would your first inclination be to go ahead and make use of that ban feature?

Yankee's situation is probably the answer you are looking for.

Mr Jimmy Pop 07-20-2011 11:17

I think the real problem is we need tribes to come back, we are lost without it.

JohnnyX 07-20-2011 11:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by nigafool (Post 16566246)
in fact

most of the posters i think are completely content-free still post here: badmofiof, goshin, almuktra, etc.

imo kura and tse tse provided plenty of content, in their own way

Yeah, Kurayami always managed to keep me up to date on the inconsistencies in IL-2 Sturmovik, and various other flight sims I will never play. God I miss that.

Flunky 07-20-2011 11:18

the loss of an active 263 +rep poster is going to play hell with my rep tracking charts...

coombz 07-20-2011 11:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thriky (Post 16566250)
wall of text


get used to the fact that there is no anonymity on the internet anymore (if there ever was)

it's not something TW admins can just wave a magic wand and fix

and anyone who requires a veil of nice safe anonymity to post here can **** off anyway :lol: seriously pathetic

ElectroWaffle 07-20-2011 11:19

I don't even know what that much rep would even look like.

T-Refried-455 07-20-2011 11:19

wait does anyone on here really still have a public fb profile

i mean come on people

ScooBySnaCk 07-20-2011 11:19

I was looking up to that 263 rep person..who should I turn to?


Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 23:11.
Page 3 of 39

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2003, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All Content Copyright 1999-2020 Tribalwar.Com, LLC