Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
TribalWar Forums
Page 85 of 626

TribalWar Forums (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/index.php)
-   TWHOF (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=275)
-   -   This is for you Trump voters. (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=683482)

-SS- 05-15-2016 14:35

No matter how much the 'progressive' left gets dismantled in this thread and others, they will still bitterly cling to their religion (climate change) and Statism (guns).

(intolerant myopic bigoted sjw safespace ****s)

Captain Tele 05-15-2016 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouCypher (Post 18573484)
If you can get rid of the DoE and still maintain a standard for education, do it.

We must have standards!!!!!!!

Standards are the core!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2QGiGqz-xs

Unfortunately dip****s like you created common core.

And we are now substandard compared to just about everywhere else in the world

Behind America's Decline in Math, Science and Technology

American Students Fall Behind International Peers In Math, Science, And Reading

gg hf

LouCypher 05-15-2016 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by -SS- (Post 18573485)
No matter how much the 'progressive' left gets dismantled in this thread and others, they will still bitterly cling to their religion (climate change) and Statism (guns).

When was the last post anyone besides you or Captain Tryhard mentioned either topic?

-SS- 05-15-2016 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouCypher (Post 18573484)
If you can get rid of the DoE and still maintain a standard for education, do it.

Would you like to be the cancer patient with an oncologist who doesn't offer chemotherapy because he thinks prayer will shrink your tumor?

So full of stupid, one can't even fathom this level of stupidity.

You do realize that people can have a faith but still be educated in medicine, right?

Left wing intolerant scum.

-SS- 05-15-2016 14:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouCypher (Post 18573488)
When was the last post anyone besides you or Captain Tryhard mentioned either topic?

The cowardly left on TW avoids answering any topic as it causes a schism in their myopic and simple minds.

Dont blame your inability to think for yourself get in the way of your narrative it is somehow our fault for challenging your ****ty beliefs.

:sunny:

Captain Tele 05-15-2016 14:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by -SS- (Post 18573485)

they ***** about faith based beliefs

through the endless failed promotion of their own faith based gubmt/humanitarianism beliefs

that our salvation is possible

they just need a little more money for gubmt programs first

it is hilarious

Flash 05-15-2016 14:48

I've always found insults are the best way to convince somebody to agree with me.

LouCypher 05-15-2016 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Tele (Post 18573487)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2QGiGqz-xs

Unfortunately dip****s like you created common core.

Common core looks unnecessarily complicated with small numbers, and it is, because they're teaching it with small numbers.

Of course if you're adding 9 + 6 it's easier to just use rote memorization to determine the answer.

That doesn't work so easily when using larger numbers (more than single digits), and it's there that finding the sum of differences (the basis for "common core" addition) is best. I've been doing the "common core" method in my head since elementary school, long before anyone was teaching it.

I'm not at all surprised that parents who probably sucked at math in school are up in arms about it.

LouCypher 05-15-2016 14:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by -SS- (Post 18573489)
You do realize that people can have a faith but still be educated in medicine, right?

Sure, they can. Let's move to a "free market" system where doctors go to the cheapest, faith-based medical school, subsidized by tax exempt religious institutions instead of the government, and trust they learned everything to be proficient health practitioners instead of preachers.

Flash 05-15-2016 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouCypher (Post 18573499)
Common core looks unnecessarily complicated with small numbers, and it is, because they're teaching it with small numbers.

Of course if you're adding 9 + 6 it's easier to just use rote memorization to determine the answer.

That doesn't work so easily when using larger numbers (more than single digits), and it's there that finding the sum of differences (the basis for "common core" addition) is best. I've been doing the "common core" method in my head since elementary school, long before anyone was teaching it.

I'm not at all surprised that parents who probably sucked at math in school are up in arms about it.

I don't think estimation methods are what people despise about common core. I think it has far more to do with punishing children for getting the exact answer. Also, estimation methods are more in line with memorization than actually solving the answer when using complex numbers.

LouCypher 05-15-2016 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by -SS- (Post 18573490)
The cowardly left on TW avoids answering any topic as it causes a schism in their myopic and simple minds.

So now instead of "clinging" to the topics, they're "avoiding" them by not bringing them up at all.

Which is it?

Captain Tele 05-15-2016 14:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouCypher (Post 18573499)

Yes...because before common core

I had to memorize 2948 + 1905

I couldn't possibly figure that one out with a pen and paper

thank God....I mean the DOE (education not our saviors at energy) for saving us from having to memorize every possible number combination

maths...how did it work for thousands of years?

LouCypher 05-15-2016 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flash (Post 18573503)
I don't think estimation methods are what people despise about common core. I think it has far more to do with punishing children for getting the exact answer. Also, estimation methods are more in line with memorization than actually solving the answer when using complex numbers.

What "estimation" are you talking about? The teacher demonstrated a process more easily adaptable on large numbers, using small numbers, resulting in a demonstration that seems more complex than it should. There's no "estimation" involved in deriving the correct answer.

And yes, it's frustrating to a student to "show their work" when they obviously have the right answer. I didn't want to "show my work" doing the math in my head either. At least having them do it demonstrates to the teacher the child understands the process, and can apply it to larger numbers.

LouCypher 05-15-2016 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Tele (Post 18573505)
Yes...because before common core

I had to memorize 2948 + 1905

I couldn't possibly figure that one out with a pen and paper

I wouldn't need pen and paper.

-SS- 05-15-2016 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flash (Post 18573498)
I've always found insults are the best way to convince somebody to agree with me.

Even when you do and already know they will never agree, show them the same courtesy and respect afforded you. Have you not witnessed BLM and other leftwing rager demonstrations?

None.

This is an ideological war, there is no quarter given. **** the statist left and their PC sjw safespace white privilege crowd.

The time for civility is over.

-SS- 05-15-2016 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouCypher (Post 18573502)
Sure, they can. Let's move to a "free market" system where doctors go to the cheapest, faith-based medical school, subsidized by tax exempt religious institutions instead of the government, and trust they learned everything to be proficient health practitioners instead of preachers.

Then you should have never opened your mouth, right?

I bet you dont have the courage to say that about muslim medical practitioners.

:sunny:

LouCypher 05-15-2016 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by -SS- (Post 18573512)
The time for civility is over.

As if you were ever "civil". :rolleyes:

Scud411 05-15-2016 15:02

The common core example is about teaching kids how to learn as opposed to memorization.

Really different things, both are important.

If other nations are beating us and they use standards then I don't think the issue is standards. It's the execution and that we are a nation of pretty diverse states. China is commie, Japan is about as homogenous as can be, same with South Korea...

No one has a perfect answer but I don't think that means we shouldn't try.

-SS- 05-15-2016 15:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouCypher (Post 18573504)
So now instead of "clinging" to the topics, they're "avoiding" them by not bringing them up at all.

Which is it?

That's a lie. You are a liar, you've seen the headlines of our corporate news.

Tell us how great democratic economics are for the past 7.5 years.

Explain why the left cant seem to understand why illegal immigration somehow doesnt translate into a voting bloc?

LouCypher 05-15-2016 15:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by -SS- (Post 18573513)
Then you should have never opened your mouth, right?

Has that ever stopped you?

Those doctors of faith were taught base on a standard of medical care. Are you going to claim they'd maintain the same level of proficiency in the absence of standards?

LouCypher 05-15-2016 15:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by -SS- (Post 18573519)
That's a lie. You are a liar, you've seen the headlines of our corporate news.

Tell us how great democratic economics are for the past 7.5 years.

Explain why the left cant seem to understand why illegal immigration somehow doesnt translate into a voting bloc?

You're just all over the map of stupid today. If only they made a GPS to find your point.

Captain Tele 05-15-2016 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouCypher (Post 18573510)
I wouldn't need pen and paper.

well then how would you show your work?

F-

get with the core......or be substandard

-SS- 05-15-2016 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scud411 (Post 18573518)
The common core example is about teaching kids how to learn as opposed to memorization.

Really different things, both are important.

If other nations are beating us and they use standards then I don't think the issue is standards. It's the execution and that we are a nation of pretty diverse states. China is commie, Japan is about as homogenous as can be, same with South Korea...

No one has a perfect answer but I don't think that means we shouldn't try.

Not true.

We are losing on the education front from several things, the biggest being: passing them and not holding them to standards. Look at NY or Chicago school systems in poor areas.

https://www.rt.com/usa/nyc-graduates...e-to-read-011/

Gvt funded education is a disaster. Money goes to unions and school administrators. Pay for more teachers and expand the number of classrooms. Dissolve the unions and focus on merit based teachers.

Captain Tele 05-15-2016 15:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouCypher (Post 18573522)
You're just all over the map of stupid today. If only they made a GPS to find your point.

LOL

hates Paultards because Ron Paul doesn't personally agree with his definition of marriage

but Ron Paul cares not how states define marriage

Lou demands free health care for all.....just not for abortion

because LouCy doesn't personally agree with abortion

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-QDeKkfffA5..._o_1682293.jpg

somehow he thinks he ended up at Libertarianville

Captain Tele 05-15-2016 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by -SS- (Post 18573525)
Not true.

We are losing on the education front from several things, the biggest being: passing them and not holding them to standards. Look at NY or Chicago school systems in poor areas.

https://www.rt.com/usa/nyc-graduates...e-to-read-011/

Gvt funded education is a disaster. Money goes to unions and school administrators. Pay for more teachers and expand the number of classrooms. Dissolve the unions and focus on merit based teachers.

you mean like this?

Fat Studies: Teaching About Weightism as a Social Justice Issue

Oregon State University Will Force Incoming Students to Take 'Social Justice Training'

-SS- 05-15-2016 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Tele (Post 18573491)
they ***** about faith based beliefs

through the endless failed promotion of their own faith based gubmt/humanitarianism beliefs

that our salvation is possible

they just need a little more money for gubmt programs first

it is hilarious

These people are nothing but frauds. We'll make that clear.

Example: Loucy says he is somehow a 'libertarian' (lol). That's a damn lie. He's as independent as our pal, dealyderp or icfire.

Once you assess how dishonest they, you know how to deal with them. They have no integrity -that's for suckers. If it means to lie, cheat, or steal to achieve the objective, they are all for it. Alinsky 101.

Anyway, we all have to suffer from their altruistic intentions that will never cease and demand more from the rest of us. They are all for the State as long as they dont have to pay for it. It is the ultimate form of selfishness and greed. Their irresponsibility doesnt matter, but everyone else's does. We need to subsidize it for them.

Ya know, I like going to their 'community workshops' to see what these ****ing rejects are up to. How they all praise each other for their courage and talk about the injustices they suffer. Holy ****, everyone needs to go to one to see for themselves.

:rofl:

Captain Tele 05-15-2016 15:21

example:

look at how fast deallyderp is turning back into a deficit hawk again (as opposed to warhawk)

trump nowhere near whitehouse and he is already penny pinching (money that he doesn't pay in taxes) harder than he did between 2000-2008

between the "how pro-choice are democrats" video....and **** like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFLqYYRpNMQ

you can quickly see they do not believe in anything at all

they just believe in what is good for them for as long as they choose to benefit from it (either idealistically, because they do not pay for it, or monetarily as a bribe).

that is why the end always justifies any means for them

how the world has become one giant banana republic burning and collapsing under the weight of its own dishonesty

not to mention stupidity

but as kerosene will tell us (again)

a few more laws and we should be back on track again.

Venezuela is about one or two laws away from Utopia status again

-SS- 05-15-2016 15:23

I recommend going to one of these workshops as a drug user.

Your role: that the gvt needs to supply people with their drugs of choice. It's not fair that planned parenthood gets money for abortions and contraception... and I dont get free drugs. It's sexist and discriminatory. I also throw in that drug users dont recognize class, skin color, or sexuality. If we are going to have free healthcare and education, we need to have free drugs. Make those rich fatcats pay for it all.

The look on their faces is ****ing priceless.

Captain Tele 05-15-2016 15:28

you are likely to get a standing ovation

http://vomzi.com/wp-content/uploads/...on-gif-444.gif

Free Marijuana For Low-Income Residents Under New Berkeley Law

aint no shame in the faudster game

KingSobieski 05-15-2016 15:31

I never learned how to count cause i was in special ed and they literally had me playing with dominoes all day and i had a severe inferiority complex compounded by the fact special ed didnt accelerate my learning to match the other students but rather impeded it to lower the standard to my level. I didnt pursue engineering because theyd set it in my head that i could never comprehend math adequately. In college i chose a liberal major and probably worked as hard as i wouldve with engineering, made it to the deans list and had some papers published but afterwards in the real world realized that there was no real application for knowledge, especially writing, but the very most important factor is ambition and communication skills and figuring percentages, and software knowledge. Everything else is for dopes. I hate dominoes.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

-SS- 05-15-2016 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Tele (Post 18573536)
you are likely to get a standing ovation

http://vomzi.com/wp-content/uploads/...on-gif-444.gif

Free Marijuana For Low-Income Residents Under New Berkeley Law

aint no shame in the faudster game

Hahahahahaha

Speaking of which: a friend of mine recently addressed the Berkeley city council. One of the council started going way off talking about how businesses are screwing the people and it's no different than carpet bombing the Vietnamese or the arabs in the middle east... how our military is a tool of evil that should be put on trial for crimes against humanity too. Way way way the **** out there.

Absolutely no correlation, but it didn't get in the way of that whackjob spouting his diatribe.

-SS- 05-15-2016 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouCypher (Post 18573522)

I appreciate your admission that you are not intelligent enough to keep up and can't read a map.

Very surprising. There might be hope for you yet.

(Make sure you account for the GM angle if you ever figure out how use a map. You're welcome.)

Captain Tele 05-15-2016 15:48

LOL

hard to out moonbat filibuster a Berkeley nutjob...congrats to them :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by -SS- (Post 18573550)
I appreciate your admission that you are not intelligent enough to keep up and can't read a map.

Very surprising. There might be hope for you yet.

(Make sure you account for the GM angle if you ever figure out how use a map. You're welcome.)

LouCy was trying to make a statist satire joke.

GPS is the product of gubmt. We wouldn't know where we were going without them.

Gubmt making maps wouldn't be of any benefit to him. They were around before our Federal Gubmt

What you are saying would distract from his point that we wouldn't be able to walk, or talk, or even get from place to place if it wasn't for gubmt innovation.

LouCypher 05-15-2016 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Tele (Post 18573527)
hates Paultards because Ron Paul doesn't personally agree with his definition of marriage

but Ron Paul cares not how states define marriage

http://web.archive.org/web/200702072...4/cr093004.htm
Quote:

If I were in Congress in 1996, I would have voted for the Defense of Marriage Act, which used Congress***8217;s constitutional authority to define what official state documents other states have to recognize under the Full Faith and Credit Clause, to ensure that no state would be forced to recognize a ***8220;same sex***8221; marriage license issued in another state. This Congress, I was an original cosponsor of the Marriage Protection Act, HR 3313, that removes challenges to the Defense of Marriage Act from federal courts***8217; jurisdiction. If I were a member of the Texas legislature, I would do all I could to oppose any attempt by rogue judges to impose a new definition of marriage on the people of my state.
Quote:

Because of the dangers to liberty and traditional values posed by the unexpected consequences of amending the Constitution to strip power from the states and the people and further empower Washington, I cannot in good conscience support the marriage amendment to the United States Constitution. Instead, I plan to continue working to enact the Marriage Protection Act and protect each state***8217;s right not to be forced to recognize a same sex marriage.
These are not the words of a Libertarian.

http://web.archive.org/web/200803011.../tst052603.htm
Quote:

Those who favor strict drug laws should understand that federal preemption is a double-edged sword. For example, if a socially conservative state like Utah wanted to enact harsh drug policies to reflect its community standards, federal law could actually prevent the enactment of such policies. When the American people give up state and local authority over any issue, whether its marijuana, abortion, or gun control, they give up most of their power to affect policy.
These are not the words of a Libertarian.

Captain Tele 05-15-2016 15:54

hey, now that was a good post

Quote:

Paul had also said that at the federal level he opposed ***8220;efforts to redefine marriage as something other than a union between one man and one woman.***8221; He believes that recognizing or legislating marriages should be left to the states and local communities, and not subjected to "judicial activism."[151] He has said that for these reasons he would have voted for the Defense of Marriage Act, had he been in Congress in 1996. The act allows a state to refuse to recognize same-sex marriages performed in other states or countries, although a state will usually recognize marriages performed outside of its own jurisdiction. The act also prohibits the U.S. Government from recognizing same-sex marriages, even if a state recognizes the marriage.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politi...ns_of_Ron_Paul

yeah......not my desired way of taking up that position either

it made me feel Ted Cruz creepy seeing anti-abortion nuts driving around with the same Ron Paul sticker I once contemplated putting on my car.

We can't win them all......and in regards to Libertarianism I begin to wonder if we can win any position.....or even a single candidacy.

-SS- 05-15-2016 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Tele (Post 18573554)
LOL

hard to out moonbat filibuster a Berkeley nutjob...congrats to them :)

LouCy was trying to make a statist satire joke.

GPS is the product of gubmt. We wouldn't know where we were going without them.

Gubmt making maps wouldn't be of any benefit to him. They were around before our Federal Gubmt

What you are saying would distract from his point that we wouldn't be able to walk, or talk, or even get from place to place if it wasn't for gubmt innovation.

Funny how maps have been around for quite sometime.

But speaking of maps, I'll clear something up. Maps are an integral part of defense. Our military uses them, which as you recall, is part of what the Constitution says we need to provide for the Nation.

Do you think he realized his own blunder? Of course not. He thought he was clever and shot himself in the foot. Probably why he is against guns too.

Scud411 05-15-2016 15:56

i'm not going to get into some huge thing ss.

i covered gov mishandling things when i said lack of accountability and corruption make execution a problem. private/corporate has its own problems and benefits.

LouCypher 05-15-2016 15:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by -SS- (Post 18573560)
Funny how maps have been around for quite sometime.

But speaking of maps, I'll clear something up. Maps are an integral part of defense. Our military uses them, which as you recall, is part of what the Constitution says we need to provide for the Nation.

Do you think he realized his own blunder? Of course not. He thought he was clever and shot himself in the foot. Probably why he is against guns too.

:picard:

Captain Tele 05-15-2016 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scud411 (Post 18573561)

i covered gov mishandling things when i said lack of accountability and corruption make execution a problem. private/corporate has its own problems and benefits.

In an attempt to find common ground for once.

Instead of just being a mud flinging antagonist

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanster (Post 18573409)

this is why neither privatized nor public solutions can save us right now.

one is feeding the others disaster.

we privatize some monopolistic utility.....the gubmt regulates and taxes the **** out of it......the private anti-trust part bilks us blind

http://i.imgur.com/HO9jwhm.gif

we are doomed

we socialize some monopolistic utility......gubmt mismanages funds. constantly raises taxes to make up shortfalls. forces and mandates our input. further pisses away revenue on disastrously dumb ****. nobody can or will ever be held accountable for said mismanagement.....

we are doomed

the second we lose the ability to choose and make choices we are ****ed.

this is why the moral hazard of our zombie TBTF/BTFD economy is beginning to reach its end game.

Crony Capitalism is all we have left. Whether it was the chicken or the egg that went foul/fowl first no longer matters. Debts and disasters are socialized, profits and pillaging privatized.

Both OWS and the TEA Party had aspects of their argument that were correct. Government needs to stay the **** out of business.....and business needs to stay the **** out of corrupting our government.

We have neither. So we can't have nice things.

End/

-SS- 05-15-2016 16:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scud411 (Post 18573561)

I wasnt singling you out, so dont feel defensive.

Our points are very clear: people who piss and moan about a capitalist society do not realize that giving sole and exclusive power to a gvt is a very very bad thing. It's a monopoly. A monopoly with guns. At least in a capitalist society, competitors have to do well or someone else will come along and take their place.

Yes, we all realize that there are inherent problems with crony capitalism and we need to figure out the best way to mitigate that.

Now back to the salient point: history is an excellent teacher. Leftwing ideology is responsible for mass murders and the subjugation of people. It all sounds great on paper, but it isnt. All these tards who think they will get it better are clueless. We even have modern day examples unfolding before our eyes. To wit:

Quote:

The United States is increasingly concerned about the potential for an economic and political meltdown in Venezuela, spurred by fears of a debt default, growing street protests and deterioration of its oil sector, U.S. intelligence officials said on Friday.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ve...-idUSKCN0Y42MT

That's socialism for you.

Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page