Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
TribalWar Forums
Page 25 of 47

TribalWar Forums (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   [UKRAINE] whose side are you on ?? (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=698620)

Denver 02-27-2022 15:26

I for one am building a missile defense grid out of TP.

HumDumpin 02-27-2022 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellsfury (Post 19436838)
War propaganda.... make the other guy appear as evil, unreasonable and outright insane as possible... there is zero justification for his actions, no grounds for empathy or sympathy with the other sides perspective.

There is no alternative explanation for how we ended up at war except that Putin is literally Hitler bent on the total destruction of Ukraine to instigate WW3.

I guess we have no choice, we have to invade Russia (again).

Tell us how gr8 u think putin is rofl shut the **** up loser

cael 02-27-2022 15:43

https://i.imgur.com/P1uQ3HU.jpg

Vanster 02-27-2022 15:51

https://i.redd.it/5uqndqqxyek81.jpg

The Latfian news anchor's shirt says "Russian warship go **** yourself."

blackpeople 02-27-2022 16:13

Quote:

War propaganda.... make the other guy appear as evil, unreasonable and outright insane as possible... there is zero justification for his actions, no grounds for empathy or sympathy with the other sides perspective.

There is no alternative explanation for how we ended up at war except that Putin is literally Hitler bent on the total destruction of Ukraine to instigate WW3.

my new favorite chud lmfao

Hellsfury 02-27-2022 16:16

Pretty cocky for someone still eligible for the draft.

amRam 02-27-2022 16:18

The amount of horse**** that regular useful idiots believe to be true on Twitter is reaching absurdity.

If you're watching OSINT sources you need to keep a few facts in mind and analyze the data objectively..

1. Almost all of the information coming out is from Ukrainian sources
2. Information which would damage Ukrainian morale is suppressed
3. Information which would serve to pressure foreign intervention is amplified

Russian losses will be amplified, Ukrainian losses won't be reported. It just is what it is. The number of people who think Putin has already lost is staggering, after only 4 days they think the world's 2nd or 3rd largest military is cooked. Talk about underestimating your enemy. This sentiment is squarely because of the above listed facts.

HardDrive 02-27-2022 16:22

It's staggering to me how badly the info war has gone for Russia. I don't have any delusions about them being unable to "beat" Ukraine but this sure has put a strain on the probably already limited political will to do so

Vanster 02-27-2022 16:22

Quote:

So I'm not a history major, but can you clear up when the USA invaded Russia the last time?

absent 02-27-2022 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanster (Post 19436925)
So I'm not a history major, but can you clear up when the USA invaded Russia the last time?

Allied intervention in the Russian Civil War - Wikipedia

Hellsfury 02-27-2022 16:32

We as in NATO, as in Europe.

That whole part of history that extends beyond 1776.

amRam 02-27-2022 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by HardDrive (Post 19436924)
It's staggering to me how badly the info war has gone for Russia. I don't have any delusions about them being unable to "beat" Ukraine but this sure has put a strain on the probably already limited political will to do so

Russia has largely banned Twitter and Facebook internally, and Im sure many other sources as well. I'm guessing that the propaganda isn't reaching them as readily. And I assume its offset by some level of internal disinformation as well.

Hellsfury 02-27-2022 16:57

How is this unexpected that the western dominated social media and tech platforms would censure all of Russia as a form of control over the narrative? Of course if it favors your perspective of being Pro-Ukraine in this instance, you don't see this or don't care to see it. That is how the echo chamber works.

they do this all the time. this is par for the course when they don't like something, and in the case of fighting a war, that's an obvious strategy. a very old strategy.

This is propaganda 101, if I was fighting a war I certainly wouldn't want the other side offering any counter-narrative to my own, especially among the general populace whose support I depend on.

I don't think whatever the plan is in play, is going as smoothly as Putin had hoped, which could lead to an escalation that is even worse. I think he expected this to perhaps go more like it did in Georgia... but the Ukrainians are more stubborn and have a lot more, very public, western support. A lot more is at stake for the west than merely defending their moral principles and "doing the right thing".

Ukraine is a very strategic location on the board of a very old game.

Vanster 02-27-2022 17:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by amRam (Post 19436928)
Russia has largely banned Twitter and Facebook internally

Facebook and Twitter banned Russian State Media first.

Quote:

But that just became harder, at least for Russian users, with the Russian Government restricting access to Facebook, over claims that the platform restricted the accounts of four Russian media outlets.

HardDrive 02-27-2022 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellsfury (Post 19436932)
How is this unexpected that the western dominated social media and tech platforms would censure all of Russia as a form of control over the narrative? Of course if it favors your perspective of being Pro-Ukraine in this instance, you don't see this or don't care to see it. That is how the echo chamber works.

It's surprising because it's basically a series of unforced errors in sequence that compromise their own info war. They push the Donbas narrative super hard internally, position their actions as peacekeeping, then don't actually even commit enough to achieve those strategic goals because they essentially planned to not encounter resistance. So instead of merely liberating the separatist regions OR quickly decapitating Ukraine's regime they're sending a bunch of Russian soldiers/materiel into the grinder so that they can get sanctioned and negotiate anyway. It's scatterbrained

Mitchdubai 02-27-2022 17:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellsfury (Post 19436932)

they do this all the time. this is par for the course when they don't like something, and in the case of fighting a war, that's an obvious strategy. a very old strategy.

This is propaganda 101, if I was fighting a war I certainly wouldn't want the other side offering any counter-narrative to my own, especially among the general populous whose support I depend on.

I don't think whatever the plan is in play, is going as smoothly as Putin had hoped, which could lead to an escalation that is even worse. I think he expected this to perhaps go more like it did in Georgia... but the Ukrainians are more stubborn and have a lot more, very public, western support. A lot more is at stake for the west than merely defending their moral principles and "doing the right thing".

Ukraine is a very strategic location on the board of a very old game.

Populace

amRam 02-27-2022 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanster (Post 19436934)
Facebook and Twitter banned Russian State Media first.

Correct. This is a move by tech to limit Russia's ability to spread (dis)information to the world.

But Russia's restriction of internal access to Twitter and Facebook serves the exact opposite purpose - to limit the demoralizing effect of disinformation reaching its own citizens.

amRam 02-27-2022 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by HardDrive (Post 19436937)
It's surprising because it's basically a series of unforced errors in sequence that compromise their own info war. They push the Donbas narrative super hard internally, position their actions as peacekeeping, then don't actually even commit enough to achieve those strategic goals because they essentially planned to not encounter resistance. So instead of merely liberating the separatist regions OR quickly decapitating Ukraine's regime they're sending a bunch of Russian soldiers/materiel into the grinder so that they can get sanctioned and negotiate anyway. It's scatterbrained

Its clear at this point that their offensive was not specifically after the Donbas directly. They know they can have that region any time they want it. I think its naive to underestimate their intel and their expectations. We also have no clear idea on how their offensive is actually progressing, nor do we know at all what their goals are. This of course is thanks again to the disinformation campaign via OSINT.

The picture being drawn for us is that Russia is failing. This is entirely unsubstantiated.

lemon 02-27-2022 17:42

Christoph Koettl on Twitter:

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2022...y=75&auto=webp

amRam 02-27-2022 17:44

Reports coming in that Russians may have taken Berdiansk. If true, and with the second column coming in from the east, Mariupol would fall next. Russians will have complete control of the coast.

https://i.imgur.com/TH7Bqk8.png

Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page