Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
TribalWar Forums
Page 169 of 1252

TribalWar Forums (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/index.php)
-   TWHOF (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=275)
-   -   This is for you Trump voters. (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=683482)

-SS- 05-15-2016 14:35

No matter how much the 'progressive' left gets dismantled in this thread and others, they will still bitterly cling to their religion (climate change) and Statism (guns).

(intolerant myopic bigoted sjw safespace ****s)

Captain Tele 05-15-2016 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouCypher (Post 18573484)
If you can get rid of the DoE and still maintain a standard for education, do it.

We must have standards!!!!!!!

Standards are the core!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2QGiGqz-xs

Unfortunately dip****s like you created common core.

And we are now substandard compared to just about everywhere else in the world

Behind America's Decline in Math, Science and Technology

American Students Fall Behind International Peers In Math, Science, And Reading

gg hf

LouCypher 05-15-2016 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by -SS- (Post 18573485)
No matter how much the 'progressive' left gets dismantled in this thread and others, they will still bitterly cling to their religion (climate change) and Statism (guns).

When was the last post anyone besides you or Captain Tryhard mentioned either topic?

-SS- 05-15-2016 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouCypher (Post 18573484)
If you can get rid of the DoE and still maintain a standard for education, do it.

Would you like to be the cancer patient with an oncologist who doesn't offer chemotherapy because he thinks prayer will shrink your tumor?

So full of stupid, one can't even fathom this level of stupidity.

You do realize that people can have a faith but still be educated in medicine, right?

Left wing intolerant scum.

-SS- 05-15-2016 14:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouCypher (Post 18573488)
When was the last post anyone besides you or Captain Tryhard mentioned either topic?

The cowardly left on TW avoids answering any topic as it causes a schism in their myopic and simple minds.

Dont blame your inability to think for yourself get in the way of your narrative it is somehow our fault for challenging your ****ty beliefs.

:sunny:

Captain Tele 05-15-2016 14:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by -SS- (Post 18573485)

they ***** about faith based beliefs

through the endless failed promotion of their own faith based gubmt/humanitarianism beliefs

that our salvation is possible

they just need a little more money for gubmt programs first

it is hilarious

Flash 05-15-2016 14:48

I've always found insults are the best way to convince somebody to agree with me.

LouCypher 05-15-2016 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Tele (Post 18573487)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2QGiGqz-xs

Unfortunately dip****s like you created common core.

Common core looks unnecessarily complicated with small numbers, and it is, because they're teaching it with small numbers.

Of course if you're adding 9 + 6 it's easier to just use rote memorization to determine the answer.

That doesn't work so easily when using larger numbers (more than single digits), and it's there that finding the sum of differences (the basis for "common core" addition) is best. I've been doing the "common core" method in my head since elementary school, long before anyone was teaching it.

I'm not at all surprised that parents who probably sucked at math in school are up in arms about it.

LouCypher 05-15-2016 14:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by -SS- (Post 18573489)
You do realize that people can have a faith but still be educated in medicine, right?

Sure, they can. Let's move to a "free market" system where doctors go to the cheapest, faith-based medical school, subsidized by tax exempt religious institutions instead of the government, and trust they learned everything to be proficient health practitioners instead of preachers.

Flash 05-15-2016 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouCypher (Post 18573499)
Common core looks unnecessarily complicated with small numbers, and it is, because they're teaching it with small numbers.

Of course if you're adding 9 + 6 it's easier to just use rote memorization to determine the answer.

That doesn't work so easily when using larger numbers (more than single digits), and it's there that finding the sum of differences (the basis for "common core" addition) is best. I've been doing the "common core" method in my head since elementary school, long before anyone was teaching it.

I'm not at all surprised that parents who probably sucked at math in school are up in arms about it.

I don't think estimation methods are what people despise about common core. I think it has far more to do with punishing children for getting the exact answer. Also, estimation methods are more in line with memorization than actually solving the answer when using complex numbers.

LouCypher 05-15-2016 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by -SS- (Post 18573490)
The cowardly left on TW avoids answering any topic as it causes a schism in their myopic and simple minds.

So now instead of "clinging" to the topics, they're "avoiding" them by not bringing them up at all.

Which is it?

Captain Tele 05-15-2016 14:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouCypher (Post 18573499)

Yes...because before common core

I had to memorize 2948 + 1905

I couldn't possibly figure that one out with a pen and paper

thank God....I mean the DOE (education not our saviors at energy) for saving us from having to memorize every possible number combination

maths...how did it work for thousands of years?

LouCypher 05-15-2016 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flash (Post 18573503)
I don't think estimation methods are what people despise about common core. I think it has far more to do with punishing children for getting the exact answer. Also, estimation methods are more in line with memorization than actually solving the answer when using complex numbers.

What "estimation" are you talking about? The teacher demonstrated a process more easily adaptable on large numbers, using small numbers, resulting in a demonstration that seems more complex than it should. There's no "estimation" involved in deriving the correct answer.

And yes, it's frustrating to a student to "show their work" when they obviously have the right answer. I didn't want to "show my work" doing the math in my head either. At least having them do it demonstrates to the teacher the child understands the process, and can apply it to larger numbers.

LouCypher 05-15-2016 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Tele (Post 18573505)
Yes...because before common core

I had to memorize 2948 + 1905

I couldn't possibly figure that one out with a pen and paper

I wouldn't need pen and paper.

-SS- 05-15-2016 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flash (Post 18573498)
I've always found insults are the best way to convince somebody to agree with me.

Even when you do and already know they will never agree, show them the same courtesy and respect afforded you. Have you not witnessed BLM and other leftwing rager demonstrations?

None.

This is an ideological war, there is no quarter given. **** the statist left and their PC sjw safespace white privilege crowd.

The time for civility is over.

-SS- 05-15-2016 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouCypher (Post 18573502)
Sure, they can. Let's move to a "free market" system where doctors go to the cheapest, faith-based medical school, subsidized by tax exempt religious institutions instead of the government, and trust they learned everything to be proficient health practitioners instead of preachers.

Then you should have never opened your mouth, right?

I bet you dont have the courage to say that about muslim medical practitioners.

:sunny:

LouCypher 05-15-2016 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by -SS- (Post 18573512)
The time for civility is over.

As if you were ever "civil". :rolleyes:

Scud411 05-15-2016 15:02

The common core example is about teaching kids how to learn as opposed to memorization.

Really different things, both are important.

If other nations are beating us and they use standards then I don't think the issue is standards. It's the execution and that we are a nation of pretty diverse states. China is commie, Japan is about as homogenous as can be, same with South Korea...

No one has a perfect answer but I don't think that means we shouldn't try.

-SS- 05-15-2016 15:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouCypher (Post 18573504)
So now instead of "clinging" to the topics, they're "avoiding" them by not bringing them up at all.

Which is it?

That's a lie. You are a liar, you've seen the headlines of our corporate news.

Tell us how great democratic economics are for the past 7.5 years.

Explain why the left cant seem to understand why illegal immigration somehow doesnt translate into a voting bloc?

LouCypher 05-15-2016 15:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by -SS- (Post 18573513)
Then you should have never opened your mouth, right?

Has that ever stopped you?

Those doctors of faith were taught base on a standard of medical care. Are you going to claim they'd maintain the same level of proficiency in the absence of standards?

Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page