HION: Downs Edition

pretty funny how the leftists automatically assign her a victim status based on her appearance

Myth: People with Down syndrome are severely mentally retarded.

Most people with Down syndrome fall within the mild to moderate range of intellectual disability, as indicated by scores on an IQ test (individuals with the mosaic form of Down syndrome typically score 10-30 points higher, which places many of them in the “normal” range of intelligence). As you’ll see below, however, IQ tests may not tell the whole story. Note: the preferred terminology today is “intellectually disabled,” primarily due to mainstream society’s co-opting of the r-word as an insult.

Deconstructing the Myth
The Origins

Beginning in the 1920s and continuing into the 1960s, medical professionals strongly encouraged parents of children with Down syndrome to place them in institutions. IQ testing of individuals who were raised in these institutions seemed to back up the belief that they were severely intellectually disabled. In 1964, Stedman and Eichorn compared children who were raised at home with those who were institutionalized and were able to demonstrate that the home-reared children fared much better than their institutionalized peers.

Recent history suggests that while people with Down syndrome do learn at a slower rate than their chromosome-typical peers, both medical treatments and educational interventions can play a dramatic role in increasing learning. At one time, it was believed that children with Down syndrome “plateaued” and learning stopped, but that’s been proven untrue in recent decades. Although institutionalization began to be phased out in the 1960s, both early intervention programs and mainstreaming in school are still relatively new, and much of the data available to researchers today is based upon people with Down syndrome who did not have the opportunity to benefit from inclusive schooling.
The Rest of the Story

People with Down syndrome often have health issues such as congenital heart defects, hypothyroidism, and gastrointestinal problems. Children with Down syndrome are also at greater risk for respiratory infections. These health issues have the potential to impact both IQ test scores and development in other areas, and are cited by critics as possible causes for lower scores which do not reflect the true intelligence of people with Down syndrome. (Didn’t you ever get a lower score on a test because you weren’t feeling well?) Additionally, traditional IQ tests fail to measure other aspects of intelligence such as creativity and emotional intelligence.

There is no question that Down syndrome causes developmental delays. What is debatable is to what degree those delays are predetermined and fixed, and if not, how well they can be overcome. Although the true level of intellectual disability of people with Down syndrome is up for debate, one thing is not: the belief that all people with Down syndrome are severely mentally retarded has its roots in the soft bigotry of low expectations.

yea its perfectly normal for a 70 year old to be talking about a girl with down syndroms clit 100% my bad

sofiajirau_117735582_302211517506279_8010994228074094309_n.jpg

don't make jokes about a 25 year old underwear model or the woktistas will say mean things

she can probably open jars with those feet

So basically you don't read news, and have no idea what is going on.
It's not that you are stupid, and it's not that you don't read. it's a combination, and I have no interest in helping you. You were stupid in grade school, you were stupid through adulthood, and you remain stupid now.

Even if I chose to try and help you, nothing would change. You're genetically inferior to the rest of us, and that will not change. It's not your fault that you are stupid, it's just the way it is. You can't do arithmetic, you certainly can't do math, and your English is way worse than any immigrant. Even the "friends" that agree with your politics will characterize you as a very dumb man. What I'm trying to explain to you, is maybe stop throwing your opinions on social media. You're just a very stupid man, possibly the stupidest on Tribal War, now that Skillz and SlotR are gone.

I don't think you're ever going to know how to make a sentence, or perform basic arithmetic. Sucks, but that's how it is.

Wall of effort.

Wall of effort.

Midxe, what you've just typed is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever seen. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having seen it.

Midxe, what you've just typed is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever seen. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having seen it.

I think where you're getting confused is you think I care about what you personally think and say. Not so. I've no idea who you are, I just recognize your nickname. It's your culture and your kind I want gone. I want to see red-necks die out. Not a holocaust or a purging, no murders, nothing like that, but just let them die of lung cancer or stroke from smoking, the cardiac event they'll get from eating fatty meats and eschewing vegetables and real exercise, or perhaps they'll roll their monster truck when doing mud races.

Back