Incredible photograph

My mate is in oil and said he laughed a lot about 3 years ago when the recession hit and a lot of people were flocking to the airports in Dubai and abandoning cars/homes etc because there was so much fear about nothing there being worth anything overnight.

Not a cool climate to be a part of.

actually, the reason they stranded cars, homes, etc, was due to dubai having Debtors' prison. If you are late on rent or car payments, you goto prison.

actually, the reason they stranded cars, homes, etc, was due to dubai having Debtors' prison. If you are late on rent or car payments, you goto prison.

And your employer holds your passport which is fucking crazy. I had a buddy in finance working for a bank in Dubai who did this about... 3-4 years ago. He heard over the wire that shit was hitting the fan one night and just packed his laptop and clothes in a bag and flew home. He was german so he had 2 passports so he just used the other one and busted out. Left a 3 bedroom apartment full of furniture and 5-6 years of living there in about 15 minutes.

I do not have this fear in Toronto.

Gotta love a place where in order to buy alcohol you have to have a government ration card, not only do they limit the amount you can purchase they also report your purchases to your employer

And to the dumbass that commented on supertalls 50 stories isn't a supertall. Hong kong has half as many as Chicago.

And to the dumbass who never defined "supertall" i guess google thinks 1,000+ feet is the definition?

hong kong has 6 buildings over that height (7 if you include the icc - i don't because it's on kowloon side).

chicago only has 5. don't know where you got the "chicago has double the supertalls hong kong does" statistic?

here i'll even include a source - something you keep on failing to do:
List of tallest buildings in the world - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

so hong kong has more supertalls than chicago does, and a loads more buildings over 50 stories than chicago does.

beyond that - yes chicago's skyline is attractive, but guess what? you can only really get a commanding view of it from the lake (lol lake not ocean).

hong kong has this whole other side called kowloon. it's just across the harbour, so you can actually sit in a restaurant / hang out in a bar / walk along kowloon's promenade / not have to go on a boat (not that there's anything wrong with boats) to enjoy the glory of the skyline.

Dubai is cool and all until their bubble bursts... oh wait, didn't it already start bursting?

Noone gives a shit about this muslim shithole anymore.

And your employer holds your passport which is fucking crazy. I had a buddy in finance working for a bank in Dubai who did this about... 3-4 years ago. He heard over the wire that shit was hitting the fan one night and just packed his laptop and clothes in a bag and flew home. He was german so he had 2 passports so he just used the other one and busted out. Left a 3 bedroom apartment full of furniture and 5-6 years of living there in about 15 minutes.

I do not have this fear in Toronto.

is that because your home has a ball hitch

Are you saying I live in a truck that is capable of towing things?

You know that the Ball Hitch sits on the truck and not on the (what I am assuming was your joke intention) trailer right?

Spxnge have you literally ever been outside or to a Home Depot? Or is it just the Orange Scary Place beside the Best Buy your mom takes you to?

When I do leave, at least we know how I'll do it!

half-ton-truck-1.jpg

hahaha toot toot! Where is my tow hitch! TOOT TOOT

is clowning where you horribly fail at trolling me and make a new thread crying for help from your e-buds after I make you look like an idiot again?

Yeah you've proven that the only way you can troll people is to stalk them IRL and be Creep Master Zero; everyone here has established that you're incapable of being clever.

Bravo to you! You know what would really get my goat, posting pictures of the bushes outside my place; you'd totally own me bro!!!

Come on mitch, dubai is a shithole. I was there again the other day (work flies me emirates so i stop there all the time) and it was shit...again. Its just straight up too fucking hot. I went from the air conditioned airport, in an air conditioned cab, to an airconditioned mall and an air conditioned hotel. At the mall i though to myself "I could handle a nice walk around dubai to see the sites". Bad call. It was so fucking hot that after 15 minutes i was drenched in sweat and heading back to the mall.

Its quite simply a stupid place.

Back