NFL IS BLACK

selling point on carlos rogers: at least he's better/cheaper than last year's nate clements

and apparently goldson may have no choice but return to sf, because the only team besides sf that was still in on him no longer is - dallas

i hope so, because i was becoming increasingly concerned that taylor mays was going to be starting at SS

i like how it was relatively clear that the packers were a better team (or at least on par with) than the pats last year

but now the pats are the favorites after acquiring fat albert and ochocinco

usually im being sarcastic when i start a post with i like how but not this time :)

Haynesworth could have restored his name at any time by playing well or even kind of well but he sucked consistently and tried to make it someone else's fault every chance he could.

yeah why would anyone want a 1k yard rusher with 13tds.

you just answered your own question

because the value of Running backs has tanked over the past 3 years in the NFL when people realized you don't need to spend a high draft pick or lots of money to get a guy like.....say BGE who can come out of no where and rush for 1000 yards and double digit TDs in the right system

I don't get the knocks on green-ellis

teams still draft RBs in the first round, including ones that have recently won super bowls

BJGE went undrafted and had a better season than the first round pick of the jets :shrug:

not to mention the pats haven't had a 1k rusher since dillon

No one should be calling Green Ellis trash, that is obviously false. But at the same time it is delusional to think he is a superstar that is out there creating offense on his own like some of the big name guys.

No one should be calling Green Ellis trash, that is obviously false. But at the same time it is delusional to think he is a superstar that is out there creating offense on his own like some of the big name guys.

i honestly dont think anyone suggested that he's a gamebreaker

just that he's pretty damn good for an undrafted free agent playing in a committee

Prime value in the draft has switched to D-linemen and WR's over running backs recently because those skill sets are harder to come by

there were like 10 D-linemen picked before the 1st running back this year
and that first back was the damn heisman winner 2 years ago

teams know they can get as much or more value out of the position by alternating guys and they don't need superstars to do it

Back