[Blog][Pics]Your cars, show them to me

Yeah, and my bicycle does 12s. :rolleyes:

He's full of shit, you don't run 13s with a 125mph trap speed. That kind of trap is good for 11s, even 10s on a really hard launch.
Agreed. He probably is full of it, most people I know with Cobalt SS's can't drive either, haha.
That's the number one car for people with shit credit who want something '07 or newer that can get out of it's own way.

I don't see how "you have to make a car be fast for it to be able to look good, and if you dont youre a loser" is a good topic. thats like saying "you must first run fast in order to weak nikeys, and if you dont youre a loser"

...not only that, but some people begin modding their cars starting by exterior first, then interior.

or its just ugly broseph, fugly actually

clean isn't the right word

Agreed. He probably is full of it, most people I know with Cobalt SS's can't drive either, haha.
That's the number one car for people with shit credit who want something '07 or newer that can get out of it's own way.

What car is faster than a new SS for the price? I'd call it a smart buy ;o (I don't own one, and will never own one)

5z1b28.jpg

Back to reality. A normal pic. Not a pic at sunset, at an angle, hood open, all waxed up, photoshopped... etc.

'05 Caravan. '03 Mustang GT. '03 Disco II. '93 18' ski boat.

Just helped my friend pick up a 2004 BMW 330XI today for 12.5k, great condition, looks just like this.
553136437.jpg

Its a fun car, barely feels like you're going 70 when its going upwards of 110mph on the highway.

CK, i decided not to buy rims this year. will wait till next year or after when i've run through my existing all season rubber, and then buy new winter and summer rubber and get new rims. i'm already spending enough to go to stage 2 this year.

already bought my ACT SB5-HDMM clutch kit + WRX flywheel to replace the heavy dual mass one i have... will be sitting in my garage until the current clutch finally lets go,which probably won't be too long after i go to stage 2.

CK, i decided not to buy rims this year. will wait till next year or after when i've run through my existing all season rubber, and then buy new winter and summer rubber and get new rims. i'm already spending enough to go to stage 2 this year.

already bought my ACT SB5-HDMM clutch kit + WRX flywheel to replace the heavy dual mass one i have... will be sitting in my garage until the current clutch finally lets go,which probably won't be too long after i go to stage 2.

:lol:

Way to catch the mod bug, man. What exhaust did you settle on? Be prepared to stall out a few times with that lighter wheel. Is your clutch already slipping??

I forgot to tell you, Subaru sponsored the autocross this weekend (paid for all Subies) and they had a few cars out there. One was the 2010 LGT with the 6 speed. I didn't get to test drive it, but I did get to see it get on the highway afterward at a fairly high rate of speed :)

the flywheel's not that much lighter from what people tell me. the dual mass LGT one is about.... 28-29 lbs I think, and the wrx 06+ stock flywheel is about 24. i should be fine. :) clutch isn't slipping yet, but subaru dealer is claiming that my clutch is going out soon. i brought the car in about 2 weeks ago for diagnostics. i told them that i was feeling a possible grind going from 2->3, and i wanted it checked out, thinking that maaaaaybe something was wrong with my synchros. my warranty runs out in november, so i figured i should do it now. they give me my car back about 5 hours later, saying that the clutch is going out. i argued with them about it, basically calling bullshit on them.

yeah, the clutch pedal disengages pretty low and strangely enough, it sometimes happens that way according to what i've been reading (worn clutch = lower pedal, which is the opposite of most cars)... about 1.5 inches off the floor, but that's not what causes a grind b/c i know when i shift i fully disengage. it's synchros. they kept denying it, and charged me the $100 diag fee, and told me that i would eventually need a new clutch, quoting me $1K for the job, no warranty. i told them to fuck themselves and left. i had my own mechanic drive around for a bit and he agrees that the clutch is a bit low, but it's clearly still releasing completely like it should, and that the intermittent grind i feel on the 2-3 shift is most likely due to notchiness of the 5MT. i tend to agree with my mechanic too especially since the grind from 2-3 has been there for as long as i can remember, since i bought the car probably... so it's probably not the synchros since the problem didn't get any worse.

so yeah, the only reason i bought the clutch, pp, and fw are to stick them in my garage just in case the clutch goes out any time soon.

for exhaust, definitely an invidia catted downpipe, and some (not sure what brand yet) uppipe. if i can find it, cobb catback (expensive, and not on their site anymore, wtf), or borla, or spt. definitely one of those 3. http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102170 i like the bassiness of those 3.

Last edited:
Back