[Official] Stanley Cup Playoffs and Predictions

Sory for reopening the Osgoode debate. Tho I am a Wings fan I am an Osgood h8.

Osgoode ... sorry Yetski but he's not great only cometent. Thing is he plays in such big games, he shows even poorer against better teams. Last year Detroit would of won in G5 (on home ice!) if he didn't fuck up by switching sides of the net prematurely, expecting a behind the goal Pens skater to swoop around the net for a sweep. Instead, Osgood wooshed over, the skater reverses directions and easy goal - with less than a minute left in the game.

Osgoode is a competent goalie, but you win cups with great goalies, and with the teams Detroit has had for the last 15 years, on wonders why they have only 'only' won 4 Stanleys.

There's many more examples. Crosby's winning goal in G4 came off of Osgoode's pad - which was already behind the goal line. Keeping his stick on the fucking ice might have stopped goal #1, in G7 :shrug:

Goddamn Detroit lost :mecry:

Osgoode ... sorry Yetski but he's not great only cometent. Thing is he plays in such big games, he shows even poorer against better teams. Last year Detroit would of won in G5 (on home ice!) if he didn't fuck up by switching sides of the net prematurely, expecting a behind the goal Pens skater to swoop around the net for a sweep. Instead, Osgood wooshed over, the skater reverses directions and easy goal - with less than a minute left in the game.

Osgoode is a competent goalie, but you win cups with great goalies, and with the teams Detroit has had for the last 15 years, on wonders why they have only 'only' won 4 Stanleys.

There's many more examples. Crosby's winning goal in G4 came off of Osgoode's pad - which was already behind the goal line. Keeping his stick on the fucking ice might have stopped goal #1, in G7 :shrug:

English%20Mother%20Fucker.jpeg

:picard:

are you really that bad??? he has a fucking torn knee ligament and went out and was great. amazing job and display of courage by gonchar.

ive also read that letang had been playing with a significant injury and that crosby wont need an MRI on his knee
:shrug:

I know of players who played through worse injuries, not this year either....Does the name Yzerman ring a bell (He was Crosby's Hockey Idol growing up,:lol:)

Hmm, Osgood was not the only Wings #1 goalie thoughout the last 15 years. We had great goalies during that period.

The goals in game 7 were not exactly soft goals either.

If Wings would have won, Ozzie was the shoe in for the Conn Symthe.

Pen Injuries were not even close to what Detroit had.

Can you imagine have your testicle burst from a spear? Have surgery and come back and play in the Finals?

I cringe even thinking about that.

at the rate this thread keeps popping up, we will be calling each other names until the season starts next year :rofl:

If a testicle rupturing feels anything like reading one of your posts, may god have mercy on Lidstrom's soul.
U r so w1tty!!!!!

umm, not really. You guys would love me if I was not a Pens hater...cause we would all be having a crosby/maklin love fest reach around circle jerk....:sunny:

GG Pittsburgh, I was really cheering for the Wings but nobody can say you stole that one or that you won because the Wings buried themselves, it was a hard, well fought win.

I'm anticipating the draft and 2 months will fly by pretty fast and first thing we'll know is it will be the beginning of training camp.

GG Pittsburgh, I was really cheering for the Wings but nobody can say you stole that one or that you won because the Wings buried themselves, it was a hard, well fought win.

I'm anticipating the draft and 2 months will fly by pretty fast and first thing we'll know is it will be the beginning of training camp.

im looking forward to free agency in a couple of weeks :)

Hmm, Osgood was not the only Wings #1 goalie thoughout the last 15 years. We had great goalies during that period.

The goals in game 7 were not exactly soft goals either.

If Wings would have won, Ozzie was the shoe in for the Conn Symthe.

Pen Injuries were not even close to what Detroit had.

Can you imagine have your testicle burst from a spear? Have surgery and come back and play in the Finals?

I cringe even thinking about that.

Both goals were soft goals. He sure as hell should have had the second one. Osgood would only have won the Smythe because nobody else deserved it. The team was mostly noshow in the finals. Several of the players had lengthy periods of time without scoring a goal in the playoffs. Many of them were supposed to be the stars of the team.

We will probably never know fully how injuried either team was. It's not too hard for a hockey player to mask an injury while on the ice. Players have played through broken feet, fingers (as seen by Matt Walker this post season) and countless others.

Lidstrom played after getting surgery done after getting speared. Well, Patrick Thoreson also played after blocking a shot with his testicles. Ryan Smyth came back to play in the 06 playoffs after getting a great pass from Chris Pronger in the face that removed several teeth and had blood pouring out of his mouth. Stephane Robidas even played with a broken jaw.

Let's all carpool and head to the ICU to see the Wings! Obviously they're the only team that has ever suffered injuries in the history of hockey. It's a true testament of their dedication to hockey to keep on playing while hurt. They should name a trophy after all the players because of their dedication to the hockey team.

Back