[Tich/Horde]The Core - Recruiting healers

Natural

Veteran XX
FYI We are trying to recruit a healer for Uldaur. Here is our recruitment post from EJ.

Update 2/18 : Looking for 1 druid and 1 priest.

About Tichondrius

If you are reading this and considering a server transfer to find a new guild, the server should be considered just as important as the guild. It's not quite as important now with the 30-day cooldown on transfers; luckily, Tichondrius is awesome. Tichondrius (PVP) is one of the original 13 servers from the Vanilla WoW release. It is part of the “BG9” or “Bloodlust” battlegroup that is well respected amongst the PVP community. The Horde:Alliance ratio is very even, and there is a strong PVE community on both sides. Tichondrius has a large population, but there are rarely queues to get on the server.

About Us
The Core is 3.5 years old with the same guild/raid leaders (my wife and I) since day one. We are the top horde guild on Tichondrius, often number one on the server, and Top 30 US in TBC (It's meaningless to 'rank' guilds today with Naxx and achievements). Our goal is to operate lean and efficiently with an active roster of only 30 guild members. We historically have very small turnover and recruit as little as possible—18 of our 30 active members have been with the guild since Molten Core and Blackwing Lair.

We like to think that we are a casual guild that happens to be successful. The atmosphere in TC is a little more laid back than you may find in other raiding guilds. Our members mostly fall in the 20-35 age range with quite a few being "9-5ers." We also have a combination of east and west coast players. We strive to complete raids efficiently, but encourage players to enjoy themselves while raiding to keep things fun. We may extend the raid by an hour to finish an encounter if we are close, but will never push it much longer than that because we enjoy our sleep.

No loot system is perfect; however, we believe that a small guild with strong friendships is best served by a loot council. Our primary considerations are how much the item will help our raid, attendance and total loot received. Secondary considerations are how many "good" and "fun" items have been received, player skill, seniority, and contributions to the guild. We try to be as fair as possible when awarding loot and are happy to discuss the reasoning behind any loot decision in private upon request. There are rarely any loot decisions that cause drama because guild members are almost always happy to see friends pick up gear.

Raids are led calmly and smoothly in our guild. As a raid leader, I always prefer to correct problems with logical reasoning rather than verbal abuse. As a guild, we are more likely to be in a heated argument discussing UFC matches or ranking the sexual appeal of celebrities rather than arguing about the raid (yes, this was even true in back in Sunwell when raiding was relatively difficult). I am mentioning this because new recruits have expressed their surprise at how calm our raids feel. This may be important to you...although you may prefer 50 dkp minus.

Guild finances are managed very well. All repairs are paid for by the guild bank. If we ask you to respec regularly we will pay you for it. In Hyjal/BT/Sunwell, we frequently sold raid spots to customers for gear that was no longer needed. Over the course of the TBC expansion, the guild bank broke 300,000 gold and we handed back nearly 10k gold to each raider. Yes... you can get paid to raid. :)

Schedule
Primary 25-man raid nights are Tues-Thurs 6:00-9:30 (PST). We never raid on Friday or Saturday. While learning a new raid instance we usually add Monday to our schedule, and only add Sunday if we are downright bloodthirsty (i.e. first KJ kill).

There will be other guild activities happening on our off days (10-man raids, 25-man alt raids, etc.), but these are not official attendance/loot council events.

About you
The requirements to join a strong raiding guild are probably obvious if you are reading these forums. Here are our key requirements:
  1. 90%+ attendance. In order for our guild to run lean and efficiently, we need our members to play regularly. If you are going to be absent we expect you to notify us ahead of time.
  2. Ability and willingness to communicate on Vent at all times. You must be able to speak up and be heard as well as respond quickly to vocal commands.
  3. Be a min/max player. This means thoroughly understanding your class and abilities in conjunction with maximizing your character and DPS/healing/tanking/etc..

How to Apply
In addition to filling out an application, I would encourage you to create a character on Tichondrius and chat with other members of our guild (particularly raiders). Make sure that we are the guild that is right for you (it's best for both of us). If you have any questions for me you can send them via an EJ PM.

For the application, there are two options: (1) Send me a PM on these forums responding to the following questions or (2) Create an account and post in our recruitment forums. I'm sorry that there are 22 questions.

1. Please list your character(s) (be sure to include armory links)
  2. What talent spec is your character (i.e. 41/20/0)? Please be very specific and explain why you made choices for one talent over another.
  3. What glyphs do you use on your character for PvE and PvP and why?
  4. Please link 2-3 WWS reports from multiple raids. Are there any abnormalities in these reports? Please explain. Note: If you do not have a WWS link, please create a free account and take some logs for us.
  5. What professions does your main character(s) have? Why did you choose them?
  6. Do you have any specific ability rotations that you use? Which are your most important abilities in a raid?
  7. What guilds were you in previously and why did you leave? Who can we talk to in these guilds as a reference?
  8. What is your raiding experience? How long have you been a full-time raider?
  9. Did you have any special or specific roles in your previous guild's raids?
  10. Which do you prefer more, PvE or PvP, and why?
  11. What is your highest achieved PVP arena rating? What composition did you play and what were the challenges you faced?
  12. What times of day are you usually playing, for both weekdays and weekends? Please give the times in server time (PST).
  13. What is your recent & lifetime attendance percentage in your previous guild(s)? Please link to your DKP site if possible.
  14. What do you expect your attendance will be Mon-Thurs 6:00-9:30 PST? What do you expect your attendance will be for the rest of Wrath of the Lich King?
  15. What do you do most of the time you're online and not doing scheduled raids?
  16. Please link a screenshot of your UI while in a raid. If your screenshot does not show key bindings, please list them separately.
  17. Please list the most important mods you use. How have you found these mods to be useful?
  18. What is your connection type/speed and what are your computer specs?
  19. Please list your most-often consumed alcoholic beverages. Do you consume alcohol while raiding? (No, this is not a trick question! How else does farmed content stay interesting?)
  20. How can we contact you? (IM, email, etc.)
  21. Please tell us anything else you'd like us to know about yourself
  22. Above and beyond (Optional). Fraps an interesting/difficult encounter and share it with us.

Now What?

If we don’t respond within a couple days please contact myself (Natural) or my wife (Yilumi) on Tichondrius.

Thank you for your time.

They are more serious than most guilds about raiding, unlike our STK crew where we talk to people for a bit, look at their gear and then toss them in a raid so we can berate them over vent.

If people can't follow directions, I'm sure they aren't interested. Making your app "annoying" is a good way to weed out retards.

that's a good point. I just never had a desire to be in very strict guild, done all the content with my guilds no worries without all the application shit. Server first AQ40, 40 naxx, etc etc. I just llike to be able to enjoy it

We've only added some of the UI/keybinding/fraps stuff after we realized it's a great filter because it's simple yet insightful. If you see a priest who clicks Guardian Spirit, or paladin who has to click bubble, you know they've probably never thought about how to make themselves a better player.

Great healers are hard to find. And although the application seems 'hardcore' you would be surprised at how bad some of the casual apps are. Once you join the guild things are actually very laid back.

I think clicking is horrible, but I don't see why it makes a difference in PvE lol. Pve is slow paced and predictable, perfect for clicking.

Great healers are hard to find. And although the application seems 'hardcore' you would be surprised at how bad some of the casual apps are. Once you join the guild things are actually very laid back.

That'd be because healers are tough to find, period. And the only "true" way to find "great" healers is to poach/headhunt. Otherwise, it's usually easier to teach your own group of players to be better; most people tend to want to do better if there's a higher skill threshold.

A previous top guild on Ravenholdt I co-led had a similar (but less) recruitment process; however the other leader decided to have riddles/math questions instead to weed out tards/bads/rejects/whatever. Did it make things easier? No. Did you get tons of half-filled out apps or really crazy answers? Fuck yes. Pretty much the entire guild would nitpick an app, laughing at all the stupid shit they said about something in a forum right below the app forum.

Back