The New Open Call for T1...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

DipStick
12-21-2001, 02:37
Well...I went ahead and made a new thread since this is what I wanna basically do. A new Open Call type map submission...where everyone submits the maps they have and we try to weed through and find the good ones. What gives me the authority to do this? No one...but no one else is doing it either :/

Me and xpdnc are trying to gather some maps that will be good for Competitive play...Maps that TWL would adopt into the rotation. So, we will be pretty demanding when it comes to the judging. The maps have to be fun to play on and geared toward balanced gameplay. I dont want someone to open up the editor and move a few objects here and there...and call it a map. Im not gonna give any guidelines for maps. Experiment...try stuff..but when you think you have something...send us the FINAL version only.

So if you think you have a map...or are currently working on a map...that will be good for T1, send them to us. I am in IRC #opencall, and if Im not there...host them at homestead.com and send me a link in TW's Private message system. Same goes for xpdnc.

If we think a map has potential and needs a few changes here and there to make it truly great...we may tinker with it...or tell you what we think needs to be tweaked...Just remember, by submitting a map, you give permission for us to mess with it...the original mapper will always get credit for the map, however.

I dont have any funds to offer prizes or such, so you may have to be content with the prospect that you will have created a map that everyone will love and play on for ages to come ;)

Once we get about 10 or so maps that we think are good enough to release...we will release them in a map pack for testing in the community. It will be up to the community then, to vote for which maps make it into the rotation...Im guessing 3-5 maps will prolly make it out of 10. Although I could be way off...I dunno.

I think T1 needs some new maps...EVERYONE says T1 needs some new maps...Now its time to put up or shut up :) Send them in!

Edit: BTW, it doesnt matter whether they are server side or client side...and CTF only. :)

BTW: when you send the files..have them zipped...and in the zip include a readme file with the name of the map and the creators name. Name the readme file the name of the map also. So it is mapnamehere.txt. Thanks.

TricKStyLe
12-21-2001, 02:39
gj dip glad someone stepped up to do this :)

jedi196
12-21-2001, 02:41
Originally posted by TricKStyLe
gj dip glad someone stepped up to do this :)

Wretched
12-21-2001, 02:42
Make some good TR maps while you're at it. Half the ones in the latest release kinda suck.

DipStick
12-21-2001, 02:44
Originally posted by Wretched
Make some good TR maps while you're at it. Half the ones in the latest release kinda suck. No TR maps. IM not concerned about TR...and I dont play it enough to have a grasp of what makes a good TR map :/

Wretched
12-21-2001, 02:49
You're making all the maps?

DipStick
12-21-2001, 03:01
You're making all the maps? No...Im reviewing them...and I wouldnt know what makes a good TR map enough to make an educated decision on whether any map would work for that mod :/

Wretched
12-21-2001, 03:03
Talk to someone who knows.

DipStick
12-21-2001, 03:13
Here is a nice little script Brain^Virus made for the Editor. It allows you to set keybinds for certain functions...such as raise/lower height, smooth, redo and stuff like that. There is no GUI so you have to change your keybinds in the cs file itself. Just be smart about it.

Place the cs file in your Tribes\config folder and in autoexec.cs put in - exec("tedit_keys.cs"); - When you open up the editor...hit ctrl-f5 to load the new keybinds.

Also, if you cannot figure out how smooth works...it is because you are using the wrong pointer size. In order to smooth terrain, you have to have a level 1 or higher pointer...so instead of selecting with only one square in the terrain editor...you have to use the pointer that has 4 squares or more...Its up at the top left corner right next to save...Level1 or higher :)

Once you choose this...you normally hold down "B' and run the pointer over the terrain you want smoothed...but this script allows you to toggle smooth...so that all you have to do is hit "B" and you will smooth whatever you point at...and you have to hit B again to toggle smooth off.

http://dipfile.homestead.com/files/tedit_keys.zip

DipStick
12-21-2001, 03:13
Talk to someone who knows. Damn...like I said...Im not doing TR maps...you can feel free to do an open call for TR maps if you feel so strongly about it...I dont.

Wretched
12-21-2001, 03:14
Don't forget to post a link to the script!!

edit: It's more upbeat now. :(

The End.
12-21-2001, 03:14
wretched stop harassing him

DipStick
12-21-2001, 03:15
It would be helpful if you posted the link to the script. Ummm..why the **** are you being a cock in my thread when all I am doing is trying to help...You can go **** yourself bro.

Wretched
12-21-2001, 03:16
I'm not trying to harass you. :(

Sorry. I'll go to bed now. :(

The End.
12-21-2001, 03:16
doesnt matter wretched

you're coming off as a cock for no reason

this is why people dont like you

edit: i wrote this before that and after that over there this that whoa

Wretched
12-21-2001, 03:23
On a lighter note, xpdnc has been working on a number of maps lately. You might want to make him follow up on this.

DipStick
12-21-2001, 03:24
On a lighter note, xpdnc has been working on a number of maps lately. You might want to make him follow up on this. You didnt read my first post at all did you?

The End.
12-21-2001, 03:25
:rofl:

DipStick
12-21-2001, 03:26
Originally posted by The End.
:rofl: Is that really you? If so, what are you using that name for? I havent been around

The End.
12-21-2001, 03:27
ya it's me

rayns messing with me :-(

he started adding a whole bunch of people to my ignore list, and i was like "wtf people are disappearing" then i realized, and when i went to remove them, he'd changed my pass.

:-(

im gonna beat him up on wednesday

unless cringe and herb dont take my side