[T1 Release] TRIBES 2015

i asked fishstix to tweet your video on his twitch.tv account and he actually did
so it's getting more views pretty cool for once

anyway

look at this trash right up there with kestrel

AFireInAsa 2 points 22 hours ago*
What constitutes a good Tribes CTF game is subjective, but I believe the Tribes Gala match demonstrates why Tribes 1 base is broken. The first 5 minutes are fine. You have flag movement, capping, and all of the other secondary objectives of a Tribes CTF game. But after that, it turns into a 10 minute stay-in-the-base standoff where nothing happens. It's no longer a CTF game, it's a game of breaking a turtle. No one wins this. It's boring to watch and play.
In T2C, base standoffs are still a bit of a problem, but they can broken easier than in T1. You have concussion grenades that knock the flag out off of people. You have better designed bases with multiple entrances to give offenses an easier time at getting inside. And you have shield pack heavies with high time-to-kills that can last longer inside an enemy base. This is one way that T2C is superior to T1 base.
In DX, SH, and HB games, they turn into a cluster match with no bases. It's basically a large LT match with less epacks.
The Jelly RD and SaiYeN SB demos are pretty hilarious to watch, but they must have been a nightmare to play against. They show some big problems with the sniper rifle in T1 (unlimited ammo, crazy damage bullshit) and lack of spawn protection (no chance to react).

Last edited:
Logic:

A game is broken when it has significant flag standoff issues.

Logic part 2:

A game is only broken for having flag standoff issues if the name of it is Tribes 1.

Logic part 3:

A game is not broken for having flag standoff issues if the name of it is Tribes 2.

img0037.png

An interesting fact is that T2 had exponentially far worse flag standoffs than T1 before the community classic mod was released, and as a whole the game is probably not even significantly different on that issue even after the release of classic.

Let's also ignore all the terribly imbalanced things about Tribes 2 that impacted the game way more heavily as well.

I never played classic, so I donno if it still has the insanely overpowered turrets, the ridiculous one shot kill shocklance, the same laser rifle that was just as strong in T2, the much larger maps, the entirely broken elf gun, the ridiculously broken auto-aim noobilicious homing missles, the one shot kill Shrike ramming, and the asinine broken blaster that bounces a billion times and goes through shields that caused the talentless noob peasants so much rejoicing.

Dare, if you want me to, you can tell me about the changes from T2base to T2classic and I'll rip those guys to shreds on redit.

tpk just install t2 for urself because my gripes are mostly super macro level u can read the reddit thread ifu want essay posts

but my main reason is the game feels fukin floaty and slow

and i think that's more of an engine and mod issue than just a mod issue

basically it'd be like if we all played arena and instead of falling down quick when u cut ur jets or being able to dodge around discs we all have super sonic speed discs and ppl float everywhere in slow motion so every1 is a sitting duck

feels like ur floating through a soupy atmosphere

then theres a million other issues such as the skiing being sliding not friction jumping with carving or people being able to carry fucking homing missiles that lock on to you, you cant play cluster cuz spawning naked gives you 0 mobility, you could never disc only chase in this game, etc etc basically classic is more similar to renegades (imo) than base. which isnt a terrible thing as ppl liked ren a lot but it just isnt base anymore at that point so y call it base

imo u shuld read the reddit thread theres more lengthy posts by both stork and i and i kno u like those

Last edited:
My respect/care levels for T2 are abysmally low. Far too low for me to ever install it or care enough to put effort into learning about it.

The complaints you have about the soupy feeling was one of the top 2 complaints at the time of its release. The #1 being the removal of skiing and #2 the soupiness. Apparently they modded it and re-implemented the speed of skiing, but couldn't fix the soupiness. Without being able to fix that, it'll always be dogshit compared to Tribes 1.

That game destroyed Tribes and any hope it had of growing into something on a larger scale like everyone wanted.

One of the main reasons that everyone quit Tribes 1 was because of the announcement of something "better". It was made by the same company, by the same people, only on a new and better engine. We all thought it would just be T1 with new maps and new features. A lot of people wanted to take a break from Tribes for a bit, and then come back for the new and better sequel. How naive and stupid we all were.

Never in our wildest dreams could they have fucked it up as badly as they did.

We all realized after that Tribes 1 was the most beautiful fluke accident...

The developers never could have made anything so great on purpose...

Comparing Tribes 1 to Tribes 2 is like comparing a brand new lamborghini to a beaten up shit car you bought at a used lot from some greasy haired chump.

No comparison.

Anyone saying otherwise is an idiot that wasn't there, or just doesn't know anything about Tribes or what it was.

And while I'm shitting all over Tribes 2:

Can you imagine if some fat old man in charge changed all the rules of Soccer(football) cus he sucked and wanted to win?

1) You can't run faster than 2 miles per hour, cus I am old and slow.

2) We all take "turns" instead of just running after the ball, so I get to kick it too, cus otherwise you would just crush me with your superior youth and athleticism.

3) If you run past me, then you have to stop so that I can catch up and have a chance.

4) If you jook me and fake me out to advance your position, you have to remove your cleats so you are at a disadvantage in the future.

All of the changes in Tribes 2 just reeked ass of "I suck at video games" "I have no idea what I'm doing" "I hated getting crushed by great players in T1" "I'm going to make auto-aim dogshit so my 5 year old niece can play and cheer at her own success" "I'm going to make an incredibly overpowered blaster cus I hated getting owned by skilled base rapers" "I never knew what Tribes was" "I hated skiing cus I sucked at it and everyone else was faster than me" "I didn't know about the speed, physics, smoothness, and gravity that made Tribes so incredible" "I never competed in Tribes a day in my life" "I never even talked to anyone that did cus I'm way too great to even consider doing that" "Surely the divine creation that I forge myself will be 10 times better than the incredibly fluke ass amazing thing that we created by complete accident without having any idea how"

With Tribes 2, they couldn't have made it any more obvious that they had... utterly... no... clue...

I don't believe Dave G's post that it was some other programmer's fault that skiing was removed. He was lead developer. That was his stillbirth purple baby and he tried to pass blame onto someone else.

If I had been lead developer and somebody talked about "removing skiing" I would have freaked the fuck out and made damn sure that didn't go down. He probably let that happen because he didn't know any better. Then he just said "uhhhh, he did it." Total incompetence.

Anyone arguing that Tribes 2 is better would cause me to completely disregard the possibility that they have any sense about them. Their opinion is so infinitely wrong that I would doubt the accuracy and significance of anything they ever said after making a claim like that.

To me, there is almost nothing dumber than people saying that Tribes 2 was better than Tribes 1.

It would be like someone saying that The Phantom Menace was the best Star Wars Movie.

Or The Crystal Skull was the best Indiana Jones movie.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but sometimes it just gets so colossally dumb I can't even listen to it.

I agree with you that it might be worth reading, but I'd probably freak out when I saw all the complete imbeciles that actually believe in stuff like that.

I would end up ranting to them for pages and pages about how dumb they were, using highly concise logical evidence to support my case, and in the end, they would never change their minds, and all this when I could be gaming on my super sick new box.

It's awesome btw... I had a blast breaking it in this weekend...

And yeah, this discussion has renewed my lack of faith in the idea/concept that anyone could ever make a game even remotely as good as T1 ever again. People just aren't smart/capable enough. They will always be clouded by their own arrogance and idiotic judgement and make unnecessary changes instead of simply improving on an already perfect model.

That's why I've already got my mind focused on Overwatch. That game will be good.

ill read the rest of your post in a bit but the bolded part is really a home run and as far as i got

as soon as they let that slide the whole series was permanently fucked and divided i dont think fire and projectile will ever get this. its a real sociological/psychological issue.

My respect/care levels for T2 are abysmally low. Far too low for me to ever install it or care enough to put effort into learning about it.

The complaints you have about the soupy feeling was one of the top 2 complaints at the time of its release. The #1 being the removal of skiing and #2 the soupiness. Apparently they modded it and re-implemented the speed of skiing, but couldn't fix the soupiness. Without being able to fix that, it'll always be dogshit compared to Tribes 1.

That game destroyed Tribes and any hope it had of growing into something on a larger scale like everyone wanted.

One of the main reasons that everyone quit Tribes 1 was because of the announcement of something "better". It was made by the same company, by the same people, only on a new and better engine. We all thought it would just be T1 with new maps and new features. A lot of people wanted to take a break from Tribes for a bit, and then come back for the new and better sequel. How naive and stupid we all were.

Never in our wildest dreams could they have fucked it up as badly as they did.

We all realized after that Tribes 1 was the most beautiful fluke accident...

The developers never could have made anything so great on purpose...

Comparing Tribes 1 to Tribes 2 is like comparing a brand new lamborghini to a beaten up shit car you bought at a used lot from some greasy haired chump.

No comparison.

Anyone saying otherwise is an idiot that wasn't there, or just doesn't know anything about Tribes or what it was.

ill read the rest of your post in a bit but the bolded part is really a home run and as far as i got

as soon as they let that slide the whole series was permanently fucked and divided i dont think fire and projectile will ever get this. its a real sociological/psychological issue.

I believe it has to do with their own delusion.

For example, Vir absolutely loved Tribes 2 and claimed it was far superior to Tribes 1. Why? Because they balanced T2 so that one nerd with an optimized joystick could effortlessly shut down an entire team of 16 people with "vehicle skills".

Even if 99% of the population is suffering in agony and dying a slow torturous death, it will always be "awesome" for the 1 guy getting his nut off.

Tribes 2 birthed 14 years of unpopulated Tribes death that will never be fixed ever.

By the time T:V came out, Tribes fans were already withered, defeated, and a hollow shell of what we once were.

Right now Tribes could be up there with all the big games like CS, d0t0rz, LoL, and all that crap... easily... if they had just continued with the massive following they had, instead of building some ugly mutant baby that people couldn't bare to look at for more than several months.

Anyone looking at Tribes 2 and deeming it "worthy" or "good" is a clueless moron that has no idea how good Tribes ever was, and doesn't realize would it could have become.

Since everyone in TW are such ballers... Why dont they remake tribes with an upgraded graphics and engine based off the original? That way you dont have to complain about these other makes that came/coming out?

HELLO BLACK PERSON THAT IS WHAT THIS THREAD DID WITH THE RELEASE FUCK YOU

except revamping the engine thats a lot of work and costs money

it was being done by instant action/garage games but they got bought by hirez and the whole thing was canceled

basically t1 was gonna be rereleased on steam as a web browser game with better graphics similar to quake live

speaking of revamping the engine at one time L. Spiro was dabbling with something he called LiteStar which would be a lower footprint version of the darkstar engine. it would be great if he would comment on reimplimenting the terrain renderer.

HD tribes without robustness and without performance improvement isn't enough.

yep robust solutions to the tribes issues are needed

which is my gripe with the sequels. its always a shortcut or some profoundly dumb argument

this is what happens when marketing people control the game industry

then i read someone like fireinasa

who is a good person

but theyre just naive and new relatively to the community of tribes which has a huge history

so u get some marketing fuckers and scum and they just program this guy with propaganda bullshit and fake history and he's gonna believe it because he wants to do the right thing and have a game succeed

its the same fucking thing every sequel though

and ppl never listen that if u just make t1 with better graphics and open modding the game community will spontaneously get huge again

Since everyone in TW are such ballers... Why dont they remake tribes with an upgraded graphics and engine based off the original? That way you dont have to complain about these other makes that came/coming out?

When you have massive bulging ripped muscles, drive a Ferrari, own a Mansion with a heated pool, and have a super model Latin wife with a body crafted of sexual perfection that fellatios you all day long like everyone on TW, why would you care about creating Tribes?

then i read someone like fireinasa

who is a good person

but theyre just naive and new relatively to the community of tribes which has a huge history

and ppl never listen that if u just make t1 with better graphics and open modding the game community will spontaneously get huge again

Yeah, I just have to assume he wasn't around when everything went down and just highly uninformed.

We shouldn't really speak bad of people that are still innocent and have yet to have all their hopes and dreams smashed into oblivion.

I want to comment on what Bugs wrote too about L Spiro, but I can't come up with the right thing to say. L Spiro is an incredibly capable person though.

its not innocence tho becuz they are supporting terrible things

that'd be like if someone reinvents nazism and ppl join up but its okay cuz they dont know any better

im not saying punishment im just saying calling them out on this and letting them know its ignorance and not some "new and fresh ideas" is important

its not innocence tho becuz they are supporting terrible things

that'd be like if someone reinvents nazism and ppl join up but its okay cuz they dont know any better

im not saying punishment im just saying calling them out on this and letting them know its ignorance and not some "new and fresh ideas" is important

Yeah, you are absolutely correct in all aspects.

I just didn't take the time to write it out all in-depth and exact.

I'm all for calling out ignorance. Especially on this topic.

yep fuck these fags theyve ruined this community time and time again

now we actually have a clique of people who push for it to be more ruined by emulating t2 and t:a gameplay

how is that not an outrageous joke

Back