Question on Class groups

d0ur
12-12-2011, 10:24
So I played beta but just to get the basic feel of the classes not very far in.

I have a couple questions if a good soul wouldn't mind answering.

If I play a BH and a buddy plays a Sith War how far in before we can quest together in the same zone? If you know how we get to the other zone if you could let me know?

How much of a pain is it to have 2 diff classes in the same group helping with class specific quest lines?

at what point do you need a healer or tank role if its just 2 ppl in a group(have never played with companions)

Will grouping with ppl hurt or help leveling overall?

I work from home and have a buddy i'll be leveling with but if anyone else wants to get in on some leveling grouping this week and gets in roughly the same time i do let me know!

Shopper47
12-12-2011, 10:41
I think once you get to lvl 10 or so and hit the first major hub you can do whatever you want then (including continuing your class questline). I did a few group quests with warrs but only because we both started at the sith academy. The versioning of instances was maddening, I hope they fixed it.

Got Haggis?
12-12-2011, 11:17
yeah right around level 10 is when you leave the starting area

NetStalker
12-12-2011, 12:19
On all my characters I hit 12 before I left. I do every quest.

Senty
12-12-2011, 14:17
Can you see what another class is doing in their story instance or are you still stuck waiting around while they have a ... over their heads?

NetStalker
12-12-2011, 15:11
You are in on their conversation but have no ability to say anything

TF_Grungir
12-19-2011, 22:15
its fun watching the other classes scenes.

War/Inq had a lot of class quests in the same areas so it worked out nicely. Not sure how it would be with a force/non force grouping. It would still be fun but you would have to travel a lot.

Data
12-22-2011, 14:15
Quest lines basically converge at the second planet. Class quests will be different, but always in the same general area.

Atreides
12-22-2011, 18:48
So I played beta but just to get the basic feel of the classes not very far in.

I have a couple questions if a good soul wouldn't mind answering.

If I play a BH and a buddy plays a Sith War how far in before we can quest together in the same zone? If you know how we get to the other zone if you could let me know?

How much of a pain is it to have 2 diff classes in the same group helping with class specific quest lines?

at what point do you need a healer or tank role if its just 2 ppl in a group(have never played with companions)

Will grouping with ppl hurt or help leveling overall?

I work from home and have a buddy i'll be leveling with but if anyone else wants to get in on some leveling grouping this week and gets in roughly the same time i do let me know!

-you leave the starter planets at level 10. If you chose the right classes, you can quest together from level 1 (BH/IA start on hutta, Sith War/Inq on Korriban)

-it's not a pain to do your own story with friends. Story missions are tied into major quest huibs that'll you'll be doing general quests in anyway. There can be some serious side-tracking at the chapter wrap-ups... but those are pretty isolated from the overall time spent playing.

-You can help a friend in their story zone; including fighting/killing mobs. The only time you are a spectator is during dialogue scenes.

-I'd say you need a healer/tank for 4 man heroic quests and flashpoints (not including BT. I've even duo'd hammer with companions). All other questing is easily ****-smashable with any two players and their companions.

-Grouping is FAR more beneficial than solo. Every time a group member completes a bonus quest you gain 50% of their bonus completion. So if you're in a group of 4, and you all complete the bonus condition for a quest, you gain 250% exp for that bonus.

-Grouping also means you'll be getting your social rank up faster than anyone else (not that big of a deal, but still a plus).

TF_Grungir
12-26-2011, 03:24
and if you bought the deluxe edition, dont be an idiot like me and buy a speeder at 25.
you get one for free :(

fail of 8k