[SO] I have a bunch of chicken sitting around

BadMoFo

Contributor
Veteran XX
like 5 bone in skin on breast tig ole bitties.

so I'm preparing each of them a different way.

one gets a dry rub,
onion, garlic powders
smoked paprika
smoked chili powder
chiptole chili powder
salt
cracked pepper
white pepper

and then it was bbq'd with a semi-home made sauce, took some jack daniels sauce, mixed in sweet babby rays, some white wine balsamic reduction sauce bushed on in the last few minutes it was on the grill

teh rubbed
aymzxg.jpg

the next one, well I just boiled it and I'm not sure just yet what I'll do with the cooked pieces...maybe cut up and used in sandwiches?

as a bonus I now have some good stock woohoo

35bawr8.jpg

the next one was marinated in greek yogurt, cucumber and dill with salt and pepper thrown in for good measure

this one will be bbq'd with indirect heat, and served with pitas yay

2hi0zdu.jpg

and that leaves 2 more chickens that will be pan seared, roasted and served with a pan sauce, shoestring potatoes and broccolini.

:sunny:

the greek marinated one is on the grill now, the dry rubbed one already got eated so I could take a pic of my poops lol

take the ones you boiled and remove them from the bone and shred them with a fork. rewarm them with your bbq and make pulled chicken sandwiches. or, make a mornay sauce and rewarm the shredded chicken in that, then use to stuff savory crepes.

take the ones you boiled and remove them from the bone and shred them with a fork. rewarm them with your bbq and make pulled chicken sandwiches. or, make a mornay sauce and rewarm the shredded chicken in that, then use to stuff savory crepes.

ooo snap, I like the crepe idea

also

made the pitas last night

of0sph.jpg

(oh shitty pic)

lately with chicken I have either been doing Jerk on the BBQ, or I will pan steam with aromatics to make pulled chicken for soft tacos.

ok did the roast last night, was delicious!

started out with by julienning some celery, pea pods and carrot, the potato will be made into show strings :sunny: and the garlic and onion are for a sauce (that's later though)

mlo9w3.jpg

reconstitute some porcini mushrooms over a very gentle simmer

1zx4pat.jpg

pan sear a chicken breast in a cast iron skillet, and baste with mushroom water

25in5as.jpg

place vegetables into the mushroom water and boil

4jvzg8.jpg

braise the chicken some more (pan tilted over very high heat and just removed from the oven where it was roasting)

2aeqlmx.jpg

veggies removed and set aside

15yw7x0.jpg

potato julienned thin

9gkayh.jpg

a cheese sauce made

2cpdnba.jpg

and our vegetables are placed into it

14iq6vk.jpg

now in the pan we roasted the chicken in is deglazed with white wine and the remainder of the mushroom water, garlic, onions and the reconstituted porcini mushrooms are added and it is reduced by half (or so)

111qlxy.jpg

and finally,

2qddft3.jpg

chicken placed on a bed of shoe string potatoes and smothered in the "gravy", the vegetables served inside a puff pastry cup with a cheese sauce.

Last edited:
oh and this morning, some left over chicken (the yogurt and a little of the boiled) were shredded and then mixed with mayonnaise, thyme, chives, walnuts, pecans, a little salt and pepper and celery to make a chicken salad

that was served on rosemary gralic bread with cheddar cheese and some red lettuce

2daadf8.jpg

Back