[Worthy] kitchen gadget

Clever

Veteran X
I never thought I would pay almost 100 dollars for a thermometer but this thing fricking rocks:

ThermoWorks - Home of the Original Super-Fast Thermapen!

Super accurate (+-0.1F), fast reading (3 seconds), and barely penetrates the food. This thing has been a huge help for not over-cooking chicken/fish.

I know you can get pretty decent thermometers for 20 bucks but the speed/accuracy and to do it without impaling an expensive cut of steak has been surprisingly worth it.

i have an old school $5 dial probe that i've taken from kitchen to kitchen for 10 years. it came with a little blue pen-style case that doubles as a calibration wrench for it. I've dropped it repeatedly, it's been thrown, kicked, left in an oven, and in general thoroughly abused. it takes maybe two seconds at most to tell the temp of something, and it doesn't need fucking batteries.

the thin pointy thing fits nicely in my ass,

I'm 99 degrees currently

edit

that may have too dismissive, I apologize for that pal. let me say even though I've completely dominated this cooking forum to the point that you're scared to post your own recipes I still have a modicum of respect for you. you obviously have some "talent" when it comes to cooking. I can understand that even though you're thoroughly embarrassed by a rank amateur like me is crushing your ego, I wont hold it over your head guy.

feel free to post something like "pussy juice" or some other clever meme because quite frankly I find it hilarious that all the big time professional chefs haven't been able to stand up to a single dish I've posted on this forum. It just goes to show there is no replacement for raw talent when it comes to taste and presentation. But that doesn't diminish your worth as a chef at all in my opinion.

:sunny:

Last edited:
the thin pointy thing fits nicely in my ass,

I'm 99 degrees currently

edit

that may have too dismissive, I apologize for that pal. let me say even though I've completely dominated this cooking forum to the point that you're scared to post your own recipes I still have a modicum of respect for you. you obviously have some "talent" when it comes to cooking. I can understand that even though you're thoroughly embarrassed by a rank amateur like me is crushing your ego, I wont hold it over your head guy.

feel free to post something like "pussy juice" or some other clever meme because quite frankly I find it hilarious that all the big time professional chefs haven't been able to stand up to a single dish I've posted on this forum. It just goes to show there is no replacement for raw talent when it comes to taste and presentation. But that doesn't diminish your worth as a chef at all in my opinion.

:sunny:

quoted

bad mofo i dont think anyone is surprised that your obsessive contributions to this incredibly active forum are really about measuring your self-worth vs. nigafool, the 'professional chef' who has worked at a restaurant for about a year and is close to half your age

what is surprising is that you're this upset that i dont give enough of a shit about you to change what i make or when i make it, or marry a morbidly obese woman to hold the camera while i make it

i honestly didn't think it would bother you that much

don't down play your skills pal, you're a great cook

also I hold the camera, not my "morbidly obese" wife.

I'm not sure why that comment was added to your post maybe because you figured it would get you cool points or something.

and to be honest I'm interested in seeing if you have anything valuable to add to my indomitable cooking style. You see I am a firm believer that learning from and adopting other peoples styles only makes you stronger, kind of like some tribes believed that eating the brain or heart of your enemy would make you a greater warrior. Contribute, don't contribute, it doesn't really matter at the end of the day. I just wish sometimes people would drop their 'online persona' and just be themselves outside of GD.

also-rayn can you sticky the new iron chef thread thnx.

while we're on the subject i have a question

bad mofo do you think spending 8 or so years perpetuating a gibberish-posting 'tribalwar personality' has given you the impression that everyone else must do the same thing

Back