[Stock Market Prediction] DOW Closes Above 8k by Friday

Funky

Veteran XV
sc.png

Technical analysis in this market has become a coin toss, but the stars have aligned once again and called this "the bottom." Look for a move back to the 50dma and take profits. You can bank on it.

Long USA.

Spoiler

bullish_doji_star.jpg

Bullish Doji Star: Check
Support at 7550: Check
Funky's approval: Check

On a more serious note, Obama has saved us. When I looked at my online banking statement this morning, the account balance had swelled to $75,000,000,034.25. I can pay my mortgage!

Technical analysis in this market has become a coin toss, but the stars have aligned once again and called this "the bottom." Look for a move back to the 50dma and take profits. You can bank on it.

Long USA.

PROTIP - 'technical' stock forecasting has no true scientific basis behind it and is only slightly less accurate in its predictions as are predictions based around astrology. It has never been proven to work. Ever. All "proof" has always been reconstructed based on cherrypicked sampling and no peer-reviewed papers have ever been published (that stood up to scrutiny in any real journal) verifying any accuracy.

You might as well take a shit on a board with a bunch of technical terms and base it on that.

Have a good day!

EDIT:
http://www.theness.com/articles.asp?id=64
read.
Edit2:
http://books.google.com/books?id=Gr...X&oi=book_result&resnum=1&ct=result#PPA230,M1
read that too.

Last edited:
PROTIP - 'technical' stock forecasting has no true scientific basis behind it and is only slightly less accurate in its predictions as are predictions based around astrology. It has never been proven to work. Ever. All "proof" has always been reconstructed based on cherrypicked sampling and no peer-reviewed papers have ever been published (that stood up to scrutiny in any real journal) verifying any accuracy.

You might as well take a shit on a board with a bunch of technical terms and base it on that.

Have a good day!

you can't exactly prove it to be correct. but i'd refer you to andrew lo's books.

Have a good day!

The actions of a large group of people are measurable, easily quantifiable thanks to the stock market, and once enough data has been gathered, can be used to predict how that group will behave in the future. Don't attempt to debunk something if you don't understand it completely.

I'm not saying it's perfect, but a 1% advantage is still an advantage and can be used as an edge against your competitors.

The actions of a large group of people are measurable, easily quantifiable thanks to the stock market, and once enough data has been gathered, can be used to predict how that group will behave in the future. Don't attempt to debunk something if you don't understand it completely.

I'm not saying it's perfect, but a 1% advantage is still an advantage and can be used as an edge against your competitors.

it's NOT an advantage. Any advantage shown by any trader is because he's good at understanding the fundamentals of how markets work, and NOT due to "technical analysis". There has never been proof that it adds even .001% (reproduce-able) advantage. Not once.

you can't exactly prove it to be correct. but i'd refer you to andrew lo's books.

Might as well refer me to Sylvia Browne's books while you're at it.

I just bought some C

gogogogogogo

why would you do such a thing when there are estimates C and BofA will be non existant in a year?

Edit: nice play short term... with what just happened... haha got some myself

Last edited:
Here is a question for you stock market watchers. If every trade cost me $20, thats a total of $40 (buy/sell) i have to add in when considering my profit. If I only buy a few hundred dollars worth of stock, it has the potential to require %10-20 more in % gain to actually make a profit... I'm pretty happy with my current broker so I don't want to change, I just would like to know if this is legit. So really I only make decent profits off of $1000 + investments?

Back