DEATH GRIP

scorpion.jpg

GET OVER HERE

There's a huge difference between competent DKs and terribad DKs. The terribad ones you can usually kill without much trouble. The competent ones are usually very difficult to impossible to kill, and you'd probably have to pop pots/elixirs and all your CDs and trinkets and shit.

There's a huge difference between competent DKs and terribad DKs. The terribad ones you can usually kill without much trouble. The competent ones are usually very difficult to impossible to kill, and you'd probably have to pop pots/elixirs and all your CDs and trinkets and shit.

Man, what if I don't have to shit?

Deathgripping mages/priests slowfalling away in AB back to you and killing them is too fun :(.

Nothing beats randomly Death griping an alliance off their horse or flying mount and killing them before they even realized what happened.

or death gripping people out of their towns

or death gripping people who try to jump off the edge to escape

oiu should line up a bunch of dk's in a row from an opposing factions town to your factions town and deathgrip someone out of the town, all the way to your town. would be pretty funny. :).

Death Grip
Death Grip
Death Grip
Death Grip
Death Grip
Death Grip
Death Grip
Death Grip
Death Grip
Death Grip
Dead.

I'm wondering when Blizzard will implement a fix for that, in the form of a debuff that makes you immune to Death Grip for a period lower than the lowest theoretical cooldown of the spell.

So you could still be Death Gripped again by the same DK after his cooldown ends, but never two or more times in a row by multiple DKs.

oiu should line up a bunch of dk's in a row from an opposing factions town to your factions town and deathgrip someone out of the town, all the way to your town. would be pretty funny. :).

Death Grip
Death Grip
Death Grip
Death Grip
Death Grip
Death Grip
Death Grip
Death Grip
Death Grip
Death Grip
Dead.

That would be fun.

Too bad they patched out the chains of ice/deathgrip combo. It was fun killing someone before they hit the ground.

Death Grip
Death Grip
Death Grip
Death Grip
Death Grip
Death Grip
Death Grip
Death Grip
Death Grip
Death Grip
Dead.
Sad thing is I'm pretty sure you could actually do that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but DG has no diminishing returns player to player...similar to the way Deathcoil used to be. I remember getting tossed around like a red-headed stepchild in SotA by 3-4 DK's who really wanted my nuts.

I'm also curious about chains of ice though...how does that work with multiple DK's ? Can there be only one debuff on someone at a time? And is there any diminishing returns with that one? Or does it have to last the full duration before a new one can be applied? I swear when people talk about death knight's they could be speaking fucking mandarin...I really need to start understanding the mechanics a bit more.

Last edited:
Sad thing is I'm pretty sure you could actually do that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but DG has no diminishing returns player to player...similar to the way Deathcoil used to be. I remember getting tossed around like a red-headed stepchild in SotA by 3-4 DK's who really wanted my nuts.

I'm also curious about chains of ice though...how does that work with multiple DK's ? Can there be only one debuff on someone at a time? And is there any diminishing returns with that one? Or does it have to last the full duration before a new one can be applied? I swear when people talk about death knight's they could be speaking fucking mandarin...I really need to start understanding the mechanics a bit more.

There are no dimishing returns on Deathgrip. I don't think there are on chains of ice but am not sure. You dont lose control of your character with chains of ice so I don't think they will implement it and remember chains of ice is no where near as powerful as most other classes slow effects.

Back