Good place to AOE grind

Im looking for a good place to AOE grind tonight. I am a 72 shadow priest and would be grinding with my friends whos level 80 warlock. Looking for 75ish mobs with high density and fast respond.

The tabard and achievement system actually encourages you to quest grind to 80 as fast as possible, which you can accomplish roughly 90% solo, then go back and complete the 130+ quests in each zone for the rep and the Loremaster achievement. After quest grinding Borean and Howling Fjord one right after the other (and hitting 75 in the process) I decided it was a better time investment to just hurry up and get to 80, then come back for all the achievements.

I'll skip most of Dragonblight as a result.

Questing is way better than grinding. You get gear, gold, bonus XP for completing chains. Grinding is way more boring.

Questing is by far better in Wrath. Just casually questing will get you 250k xp/hr in the lower level zones, and in the upper levels, well over 300k. Plus as mentioned above, gear, gold, and rep.

The tabard and achievement system actually encourages you to quest grind to 80 as fast as possible, which you can accomplish roughly 90% solo, then go back and complete the 130+ quests in each zone for the rep and the Loremaster achievement. After quest grinding Borean and Howling Fjord one right after the other (and hitting 75 in the process) I decided it was a better time investment to just hurry up and get to 80, then come back for all the achievements.

I'll skip most of Dragonblight as a result.

If you care at all, the xp loss by doing a zone with green mobs/quest is minimal. Once you hit 80, however, and that xp diminishes, you lose out on some gold (or most of it).

I did howling fjord, followed by Borean, followed by Dragonblight, and hit 80 in Stormpeaks (with nothing else).

I've made about 12k gold from doing dailies and finishing up Zuldrak and Icecrown since then.

I still have Sholozar to do. Should be close to 20k gold made after that.

Also, questing is how you open up rep factions that you can't otherwise access. Argent Crusade, Knights of Ebon Blade, Sons of Holdir, and Wyrmrest all open by questing.

Back