Fast leveling: Warlock or Hunter?

Uncle Slappy

Veteran XV
I'm starting up on a server my co-workers are on and I just want to hit 55 asap to roll a death knight, so which levels quicker, hunter or lock? Or is it close enough that it doesn't really matter?

I'd rather have a high level lock, but I know hunters are generally the fastest levelers. If the difference isn't that big I'll just go lock.

I only have a level 5 lock, but i can tell you that hunters level soooo fast. it gets boring though, so i would say stick with the lock

Have 70 lock and 80 hunter. The hunter is faster to lvl and make kills, but I would nto say the change is groundbreaking. If you want the lock maybe for later I would o with that.

I have both and I would say the hunter is faster from 1-55. You may actually like the lock though. It is a really fun class.

Until you can get felguard, hunter is a faster leveler - it always has been. Affliction with voidwalker is okay, but has some down time.

Post felguard, I would put it at about dead even. Locks being able to heal themselves gives them a bit of an edge, but hunters can feign and have better mobility.

At 71, felguard + siphon life is just unstoppable - I can essentially pull as many +2 mobs as I want non-stop. I finish the fight full health and mana.

In terms of a pvp server - locks probably have better survivability when jumped. Hunters still have the mobility options, but if you get jumped, I'd say lock has a better chance of surviving.

I decided to go Warlock. I'm 21 so far and doing affliction. I figure if I'm going to go to 55 I may as well play something I think I will enjoy more, and since I enjoy PvP I think the lock is the way to go.

I was planning on using the voidwalker while leveling up until felguard. When grinding, is it even worthwhile to use anything else? I was reading that I should drain tank once I have dark pact, whats the best way to do this? It seems like the best is to have succubus out with spells off and have her attack while I whoop ass and then end with dark pact. I dunno, I think a lot may have changed since the guide I'm reading.

Demonology is a good leveling spec due to phat pet bonuses and Soul Link. Affliction is good due to Siphon Life survivability. leveling 70-80 meshing both Siphon Life and Soul Link/Fel Guard are great cause you can almost never die.

Hunters do retarded DPS though, it's very clear for some time now that they're > *. I can't think of another class to out dps everyone else by the hundreds consistently on 90% of the encounters I've seen...which is every encounter in the game.

I wish I had a hunter as well just because I am a dps whore...Warlocks are my favorite cloth class though, really fun.

Either way, both are fast leveling classes. Warlocks if not specced/played properly will run out of mana extremely quick. I've never leveled a hunter myself but have seen several friends do it...it's quick, powerful, and you always have a badass pet.

regarding hunter dps - I have seen the same numbers you are talking about. They are dominating dps meters.

Assuming blizzard doesn't break/nerf them, this will be a great expansion to be a hunter.

how is the hunter dps wise? survival looks like shit now, with less raid impact... is serpents swiftness still the best way to go for raids? I looked at a 5/55/11 build on wowhead which is what my spec choice would be if i were 80, marks with steadyshot main attack

Back