Rare Spawns

mthd

Veteran XV
In particular: Time-Lost Proto-Drake. Has anyone killed him? he apparently drops a proto drake mount 100% drop rate but hes near impossible to find even when you know his paths. So far what i gather from other peoples efforts is that there 2 regular rare spawns Vyragosa, and Dirkee. They have a 6 hour cooldown and than have a chance to spawn anytime after that.

Time-lost seems to spawn at a low chance in place of one of them with 2 possible paths (which aren't completely clear yet.)

Someone on wowhead suggested trying to link the reins in game. The intention being that if the mob has spawned or been killed that week, the reins will show up in the loot link and until then, clicking it will show "Retrieving item information". Since its a learned item it disappears from the server cache on server reset and no one has the item after they learn it.

I'm wondering if the info for the item is received from the loot table of the mob when it spawns or only once the item drops.. anyway its Friday and it's still hasn't been found on my server.

mountiv3.jpg

That satchel has 20g and 20 frostweave in it

Oh damn, first time hearing about this.

I'm definitely interested as well, but there's no way I'm going to be reading through the 160+ comments on wowhead to get to the bottom of this.

Anyone with some more definitive information on spawn locations and such?

Back