DK FPS losses

Shopper47

Veteran X
Anyone else getting this? Toss on Death and Decay, have Descecrate proc and all of a sudden I am stuttering like Porky Pig. I have a decent machine too which ran maxed fps pre-wotlk. And it seems to get worse after a few hours.

Q6600 / EVGA 8800GT / 2x1066 1 gig ram

I should still be moderately melting faces, but instead it's like a slide show, but only with my DK.

I went into bios and changed my piping to "TURBO" on my video card and it seems to have fixed the issue more or less.

How many of you run steam? How many Vista 64?

Running Vista 64 w/ an 8800GT 1gig and a Core2Duo 3.0

I only see the stutter when I drop Desecration and then someone throws in a blastwave, rain of fire or something like that.

Even stacking multiple desecrations doesn't cause the issue, but in a combination with other AoE effects sometimes does.

I upgraded everything, uninstalled and reinstalled, emptied wtf folders, etc.

I think it's a memory leak or heat issue. It gradually gets worse after a while of playing and then once u reboot is ok again.

If you go with Vista/XP 64 and get another 2 gigs of RAM, it will probably go away.

Zotch plays a DK on his P4 with an 8600 I believe. He rocks 4 gigs of RAM though and has no delays through 32 hours of play pretty much.

Vista x64, 4GB of RAM, 8600GTS, and yes I run Steam. No issues in relation to DK spells

I DO have a fucked up problem where I get small stutters anywhere from once every 15 seconds, to once every 3. Very random, VERY annoying. 45FPS down to 15, back to 45

That's pretty odd. Do you OC your shit?

I get stutters after about 10 hours of being logged into WoW (simply logged in and not playing). And my zone loading becomes slower. Only time it stutters is due to a network problem, it feels like.

For example, if I go into a zone with a lot of people, 300 yards out, they all appear and I get a slight stutter. Then they ALL disappear. As I get next to them, I stop, and they suddenly ALL appear right next to me. That's usually when the stutter happens, but it only happens when I approach towns with lots of people.

Back