Someone explain to me how Refer-A-Friend works now

Jamezeo

Veteran XV
Ok, so people seem to be two-boxing this (recruiting yourself) - but how is this done / what is the cheapest way to go about doing this if you are JUST worried about getting and keeping ONE of the lvl 60's.

Point: I want to get a 60 as fast as I can. How can I do this without having to rely on some random internet stranger to be on and level with me and not just using me for a free mount.

Some random questions:
1) do you have to be grouped and in range of the linked person to get the xp boost
2) how does the "level gifting" work
3) has anyone done this here, and how did they go about doing it

I have a week to figure this out (not starting up till 3.02 patch)

And of course, if anyone is looking to make a new character - I'd be willing to take a RAF invite, IF you are actually going to be on a lot and leveling - but there in lies the problem and why I'm curious about how people are two-boxing this.

read up on dual boxing.

1) yes
2) right click on them, hit "grant level"
3) doing it with two instances of wow on the same pc, I play windowed 1920x1200 in "maximized" mode (in video options), which lets me alt-tab between the two instantly - but I rarely need to, since all my alt spells are assigned to the numpad instead of the top row. I'm fairly sure both get rendered no matter which is on top, but my pc is powerful enough to deal.

they're 32 after about a day /played, but id be 60 by now if I got powered through instances. I had a guy run me through stocks and I grabbed two levels in half an hour.

Last edited:
do i have to use a dual box program to do this effectively? ive been alt tabbing and its going slow as shit. im going faster than levelling normally but not by a ton. should i only do quests on my main acct and ignore the trial? i was worried the trial would fall too many levels behind. what really fucks me is doing quests where you have to gather items like wolf ballsacks and so on

Ok i ran a test... i took a level 1 along with me from valley of trials to razor hill with a delivery quest and got RAF xp, but when i did a quest at senjin with my druid and a lvl 1 i didnt get it... i accidentally quit the group while doing the quest. do you have to have the RAF in your group from start to finish?

Well found a random person to RaF me earlier so we could give it a try

We got lvl 9 in about 40 minutes, wasn't too impressed - mainly because it makes the game feel like a machine that you just need to run through. Call me crazy, but I kind of enjoy reading the quest text and actually MAKING GOLD. I was lvl 8 with 2s to my name and HAD NOT trained yet. wtf.

I'll probably just wait till the 14th to reactivate and level my old tried and true way. I got 70 in a month of RL time on my first 70, wasn't too bad.

this is actually a dumb idea on blizzards part since any real new player will be rushed through the game and miss out on the fun (yes its actually fun leveling the first time)

^yes

It's not my first time leveling (farrrrrrrr from it), but even I felt like I was being rushed through the content, and it's content that I've done at least 50+ times with countless alts and rerolls. But Blizzard loves abandoning old content, so I guess they just want you to rush through and get into Outlands.

I did the same thing as triple. My "main" was a warrior and the other toon was a paladin. I used Keyclone to pass keystrokes to the second WoW client, which was all bound to the number keys (my normal setup uses all the keys around WASD). I had 14 macros that allowed me to target and heal in various ways.

I had never played a horde toon, and bejeweled is addictive. 3 days /played to 60.

Well found a random person to RaF me earlier so we could give it a try

We got lvl 9 in about 40 minutes, wasn't too impressed - mainly because it makes the game feel like a machine that you just need to run through. Call me crazy, but I kind of enjoy reading the quest text and actually MAKING GOLD. I was lvl 8 with 2s to my name and HAD NOT trained yet. wtf.

I'll probably just wait till the 14th to reactivate and level my old tried and true way. I got 70 in a month of RL time on my first 70, wasn't too bad.

within 5 levels of eachother....and grouped....and close enough when you turn the quest in that you would get xp from a kill (i just waited until the person i was leveling with just came over to turn in the quest).

Back