Really stupid DK question...

Feannag

Veteran XV
Wow, like you never saw this coming right? I was mucking around in the beta and I noticed there was a Death Knight dual-wielding two 1-handers. Clearly it's in there since I saw it, but my question is was that always the case? I remember a while back one thing about DKs is they would be rocking 2-handers only and no shields. Did they simply retract that and give them DW'ing or was I mistaken?

Yeah its just everybody and their mom uses a 2h

That is true for the most part. But I was always under the impression DKs would only use special 2H runic weapons (2H axe, 2H sword) and no shields. I mean I had heard they were going to eliminate crushing blows from mobs specifically to make it easier for DKs to tank without a shield. And given how DKs seem to be more hybrids as well it seems silly ti deviate from that (if it was the plan) because now it opens up DKs to roll on all the melee 1-handers and possible even caster ones.

And Zeph, how long have you been in the beta?

It's possible to build a DW DK for DPSing but you can't tank as DW since the mob will parry the shit out of you. The reason Dual wield is not popular is due to the fact that most DK skills are based on weapon damage, it would be like a MS warrior dual wielding.

Back