What's ETA of 3.0.2 on Live servers?

Jamezeo

Veteran XV
Itching to come back to WoW after being dissapointed in the gigantic cluster fuck that is WAR's optimization/engine (as low as 10 fps in sieges, with my gtx 280....uhm no thanks)

I would be starting from 1 again, so I'm figuring it would be best to wait till 3.0 for the achievement system, so I don't have to worry about some of my achievements not being retroactive (I'm the type who will get OCD with these things)

Basically, i want to play - what is word on the street of when this thing is dropping live?

is there is a list of the "non-retroactive" achievements anywhere?

Trying to decide if I should just wait till mid-october to start up again, or just get going now - but if I would be missing out on some achievements that are not retroactive, it'd be a deal breaker for me when it's just a matter of 2 weeks or so :shrug:

I can't imagine they'd put achievements in the game you'd have to get through leveling. I'm sure a majority of the players have 70s or at least high level characters they want to "finish" to the best of their ability. Having things they couldn't achieve probably wouldn't satisfy most of the people. I'd say go for it now if you want.

is there is a list of the "non-retroactive" achievements anywhere?

Trying to decide if I should just wait till mid-october to start up again, or just get going now - but if I would be missing out on some achievements that are not retroactive, it'd be a deal breaker for me when it's just a matter of 2 weeks or so :shrug:

I don't know, but the only ones not listed in the actual system are "Feats of Strength" and those are ones that are limited ones. I have a couple of those which include getting the Spirit of Competition pet from the competition holiday, getting the yellow Brewfest stein from last year and getting the Dark Iron Tankard from last year.

Arena S4 Ends With 3.0
« on: September 30, 2008, 10:47:03 PM »

World of Warcraft (English) Forums -> Updated Arena Changes

We've revaluated certain aspects of how the arena system and current arena season will be affected during both the next content patch, and the launch of Wrath of the Lich King. For starters, the current arena season will end in respect to the ladder upon the release of our next major patch. What this means is, we'll be taking a snapshot of the current season's ladder just before the realms are taken down for patch maintenance, and our normal process will commence to determine who is eligible for the end-of-season rewards. Teams and ratings will not be wiped at that time, and will carry forward allowing players to earn points each week (and buy gear) until the launch of the expansion on November 13th. Almost immediately before Wrath of the Lich King releases, all arena teams as well as ratings will be wiped and arena charter NPCs disabled.

-Eyonix
Public infoz now. (consider it your 2 week notice?)

so after patch theres no point in arena other than to farm points for lvl80 (assuming they dont wipe those like they will with honor)

No Honor reset at the release of WotLK
Quote from: Bornakk (Source)
We had hoped that the introduction of some new Honor rewards in the upcoming patch would give players a great opportunity to spend any of their remaining Honor. However, many players would still be surprised by an Honor and token reset as it isn’t something we’ve done in the past. As such, we've decided to not reset Honor or tokens upon the release of Wrath of the Lich King. Players who save their Honor will be able to spend it on level 80 rewards, although those rewards will be significantly more expensive than their level 70 counterparts.

Agreed, fuckin' weak. I heard the entire point of the wipe was to avoid an "unfair gear advantage" to those stockpiling honor to buy quick lvl 80 welfare epics right on ding. Then again this is a new expansion, even the S2 welfare epics should probably hold out at least until 78 or so, right?

It's just stupid, cave to the whiny bitches.

If they're making it significantly more expensive @ 80, it may level the field....as long as the honor gained @ 80 is significantly more then @ level 70.

Back