So... this Wrath Gate event...

Calamari

Veteran XV
Looks like it's back to real "war."

Is this the opening event for Wrath, or what? I've seen some screenshots and youtube vids, but I'm not sure what the context is.

Erm, just do a google search. Plenty of posts and screenshots. Apparently Varimathras is going to betray Sylvanus and take over UC while everyone is at the Wrath Gate in Northrend.

Traitors at the battle kill Saurfang's son and King Wrynn's advisor, so he decides to launch an attack on UC to reclaim it for the alliance.

That's about all I've gotten though.

I think you're talking about some type of quest chain in northrend, I think it's around icecrown citadel maybe?

dunno for sure

I think you're talking about some type of quest chain in northrend, I think it's around icecrown citadel maybe?

dunno for sure

Yeah, alliance and horde side quest chains - very similar.

But, according to everything I've seen it looks like a pretty major thing. Bosses with millions of HP, and player HP buffs in the 10's of thousands.

I just read that it may be the beta finale event...

Its not a beta final event or a quest coming up to lich king. It is a quest that starts in Dragonblight after you complete a bunch of quest chains at different hubs. After you do this you are to report to saurfang junior at the wrath gate. He sends you to alexstraza to do some quests then you go back to him. Then the game uses the mechanic as the DK starting zone where its almost like an instance zone and things change. You then get sent back to org/stormwind and learn about what is going on in UC. You then get a quest called The Battle for Undercity.

It is around a level 75 questchain that is truly the most epic chain you will do in WoW. I think I gave a decent description without giving away any of the story behind the quest because it is pretty awesome. It is also probably the only time WoW you will be close to god mode.

Its not a beta final event or a quest coming up to lich king. It is a quest that starts in Dragonblight after you complete a bunch of quest chains at different hubs. After you do this you are to report to saurfang junior at the wrath gate. He sends you to alexstraza to do some quests then you go back to him. Then the game uses the mechanic as the DK starting zone where its almost like an instance zone and things change. You then get sent back to org/stormwind and learn about what is going on in UC. You then get a quest called The Battle for Undercity.

It is around a level 75 questchain that is truly the most epic chain you will do in WoW. I think I gave a decent description without giving away any of the story behind the quest because it is pretty awesome. It is also probably the only time WoW you will be close to god mode.

Minus when you are fighting outside LHC during the DK starting area event.

Yeah it's neat.

I'm debating on doing it or not in beta so I can see it in it's finished form on live (alliance version isn't complete yet).

But I'll probably do it anyway. :D

Given this would probably be a one-time event there will be zergs/crashing like the AQ gate opening. That is unless this phasing technology they are talking about will actually work to keep the servers running during those times.

Last edited:
So no info at all on Alliance side? I know it's not done yet, but given how that Horde side turned out and the cinematic it's easy to get an idea of what may transpire in SW.

Back