Wotlk prep...what class out of these? (only read if you're bored)

G-Force

Veteran XX
Alliance

70 Hunter
70 Rogue
52 Shaman
34 Warrior (gnome)

Horde

70 Druid (boomkin, decent gear)

------------------------------

These are my main choices...I have other alts all over the place but these are the ones I've been playing most of lately.

I like pvp but I want to start getting into pve more aswell.

My 34 Gnome warrior is the character I'm currently working on. DW Fury is fun as fuck right now. I have great gear because I have 2 accounts and have been running him through shit to get gear with my NE hunter.

Am I going to regret putting all this effort into this warrior? Sure, its great fun now...but will that last at 70? 80?

My Sham is meh...52..close to outlands, not sure what to do with him.

My rogue is my first 70...been around for a long time, great fun but I'm just burned out on him I think.

Hunter has decent gear, fairly fun. Really frustrating when I have a warrior in my face hamstringing me to death. Kiting is not always an option. Guess I'm just fairly bored with her.

My Druid is great, great fun but...as of right now, as a boomkin...I can't really get into 5 mans because of no cc. Yes I'm aware that roots will be usable indoors with wotlk but that's not here atm. I was resto for a bit, always topped the charts in bgs...i felt almost like I was cheating because it was so easy. Not really sure what to do with this guy.

So, I guess my question is.... Should I level the warrior or shaman? Or should I stick to one of my 70s.

Any thoughts on that warrior would be great. Like I said, I'm liking him alot right now...but I don't want to be bored to tears of him later.

Same for shaman...any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Your rogue will be fantastically good in WotLK.

Your Boomkin will also be incredibly good in WotLK. Your druid can also go resto or feral in WotLK and be stupid good.

Fury at 70 with decent gear is a blast.

I think an Enh sham would be awesome too (less gear dependant).

I gotta level my sham once my druid hits 70 :(

Enh shaman are incredibly gear dependant at 70. IMO take everything you know about the extreme gear requirements of capable fury warriors and make it even moreso for Enh. Par at the least.

I am having the same problems right now as I have:

Horde:

70 Marks Hunter
70 SHS Rogue
70 Enh Shaman
66 Warrior

Alliance

61 Paladin
60 Warrior
49 Priest

I imagine I will probably level my rogue or Hunter just because of ease of soloing.

Enh shaman are incredibly gear dependant at 70. IMO take everything you know about the extreme gear requirements of capable fury warriors and make it even moreso for Enh. Par at the least.

Compound it with the fact that the only enh gear is rogue gear or hunter gear (complete with wasted +int or + mp5).

You just can't find mail gear with +str, +agi, +AP, and +crit without getting something shitty like +int on it as well.

I dont know much about Shamans, but they seem to be the 'winners' in the expansion. I regret not rolling one not because it looks like they are going to be a very good class.

I wouldn't focus on the Warrior just yet as they are sharing the exact same roles as dk's, so you'll want to see how that pans out first.

Compound it with the fact that the only enh gear is rogue gear or hunter gear (complete with wasted +int or + mp5).

You just can't find mail gear with +str, +agi, +AP, and +crit without getting something shitty like +int on it as well.
They fixed most of that in WotLK.

Gear is more "universal", and Shamans get AP from Int now.

Back