Upping the ante on recruitment

Feannag

Veteran XV
More incentives for recruiting people to play WoW

Cliffs

1. Refer a friend to play the trial, you create a "link" with them when they start a 10-day trial.

- Link lasts throughout the 10-day trial and 90 days from the start upgrading.
- When you group with your link you both gain 3x XP and 3x honor.
- You can summon each other to his/her/your location once an hour.
- For every two levels your link gains, he/she is allowed to grant one free level to one of your lower level characters.
- You get a free zhevra mount.

2. For each person you refer who upgrades to retail you get 30 days of game time.

90 days doesn't sound like a lot, but if your link is a fast learner you could easily hit 70 within that time frame especially with the triple experience. Triple honor may help the honor grind as well.

Last edited:
I might just have to refer myself and two-box my way to a free zhevra mount!

I would say that may not work, but then you think about it...

You'll be buying another subscription, which is more money to them.

Go for it, use the same billing info and phone number and tell us if it works!

honestly doubt they will care...you are giving them more money...which was the whole point of their offer. unless of course they're complete idiots and dont want to accept extra cash.

honestly doubt they will care...you are giving them more money...which was the whole point of their offer. unless of course they're complete idiots and dont want to accept extra cash.

You never can tell, which is why I know some people here will do it and I'd like to hear from these people if it does work.

Also they say a zhevra mount, but what speed is it? 160% or 200%?

Holy god, triple xp from everything including quest turn-ins if you're the same level. You could probably level 1-70 in 2-3 days if you both knew what you were doing. Sounds like a good way to get a friend back in/level an alt for WotLK.

Going to try and two box some 70s, punching in the same info from my main account. Hopefully I can paid transfer the toon over at some point.

You can refer yourself as a friend for however many accounts you want and get the goodies.

Nothing in the rules against it.

The mount goes to you, the person that got them into the game, right? Whoever wrote that line sucks at writing...I think the mount goes to the person you refer..

so....

activate my primary account, create a new toon..

refer myself, use the trial key, then upgrade by purchasing one month on the referred account and gain 30days on each account for the price of one?? THEN GET A ZHEVRA MOUNT ON MY MAIN ACCOUNT!?... AND my 2 new toons can be double-boxed to 60 in THIRTY MINUTES(lol)? And once my referred character reaches 70, I get a free lvl 35 which I can then twink out?

How can anyone say no to this. I hate this game and I'm seriously tempted to come back.

Why, oh why does this game have to look like crayola encrusted dogshit?

*Edit* Damnit, I forgot the cost of buying a new client. $29.99 from best buy for the WoW Battlechest
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...=01&srccode=cii_5766179&cpncode=17-15417634-2

Last edited:
so....

activate my primary account, create a new toon..

refer myself, use the trial key, then upgrade by purchasing one month on the referred account and gain 30days on each account for the price of one?? THEN GET A ZHEVRA MOUNT ON MY MAIN ACCOUNT!?... AND my 2 new toons can be double-boxed to 60 in THIRTY MINUTES(lol)? And once my referred character reaches 70, I get a free lvl 35 which I can then twink out?

How can anyone say no to this. I hate this game and I'm seriously tempted to come back.

Why, oh why does this game have to look like crayola encrusted dogshit?

*Edit* Damnit, I forgot the cost of buying a new client. $29.99 from best buy for the WoW Battlechest
World of Warcraft: Battle Chest - Mac/Windows

graphics do not equal fun

tribes graphics were pretty shitty but...as we all know, it was fuckin fun

ss-zhevra.jpg

that's the dumbest thing i've ever had the displeasure to see in a game ever.

The "graphics" are fine, its the fucking textures used on the armor, you never have a fully matching set, there's always a cape.. or gloves/boots that are colored hot pink or hotrod yellow that fuck everything up. lol

If anyone is looking for a Hardcore PvP'er, and not so much a dependable raider (hectic work schedule), hit me up, because I'm dying for a reason to take advantage of this Recruit-A-Friend shenanigans going on.

My current toons:
70 Tauren Sham - Kara geared (PvE-Resto Set), Season 1 (PvP-Ele set) *PVE Server* :(
60 Troll Warrior - Greens/blues mostly *PvP server*
60 Troll Rogue - Blues mostly with a couple epics <- Retired, I hate Male Trolls,*PvP server*
61 UD Mage - Greens *PvP Server*
42 UD Warlock - Blues/Greens twink from years ago (39 bracket), *PvP Server*

As some sort of show of faith, I'm willing to start from scratch on a new "Referred" account linked to whoever can set me up with some decent accommodations, and by accommodations I mean any of the following, guild membership, gold, mount, run-throughs (maybe even run-WITHS if the referrer wants to start a new alt?), 5s,3's, 2's Team membership (once I'm the appropriate lvl).

I'm seriously sticking my neck out there, I know very well that I can be completely screwed over and just used as a means to get someone a free Zhevra Mount +1month, but I'm hoping TDUBer realizes I'm not just some random blockhead that wants to fill up a raiding spot to collect free loot, causing them regret ever sticking their neck out for me.

Raid Experience:
MC, BWL, AQ20, ZG (Old School)
Kara and a tiny bit of SSC

PvP Experience:
Ran with a few good guilds Pre-BC that dominated BG's and even World PvP before AV was released, highest rank achieved was rank 11. (Old School)

I know how everyone talks about their fucking ratings these days, well I never had any great partners or class combos in the short time I've played Burning Crusade to achieve anything higher than 1600, so yeah, I'll be the first to admit I'm a scrub and don't know all the tricks like LoS Column fucking people and such, but just tell me where / how you want me positioned, or what you want me to focus on that fight, and I'll do it every time flawlessly. On my shaman I could 1v1 any class, I'd win just about every fight except against A.) SL/SL Warlock with much better gear & any semblance of skill. OR B.) Any rogue with cooldowns ready that knows how to play.

In total I have maybe 3months of subscribed time post-BC, but I played pre-bc basically from release to expansion release, and have played every class up to at least 30 or higher, except druid (way before the easy XP bullshit, and way, way, way, way, before Quest Helper addons), and can run all the horde quests up to 55ish blindfolded without any quest helper bullshit (which is why I wouldn't mind rolling alliance this time around, for a change of pace).

Sorry for making this like an application, I know it'll be picked apart, and don't care how badly I get flamed, all I know is I spend way too much time on a forum for a game that I supposedly "hate", and just wanna go back to either remind myself why I hate it, or that I can still have some fun playing a game that came out in '04.

Last edited:
Back