If i wanted to sell my chars??? (n00b questions)

TseTse

Veteran X
banner.jpg

I have a single account with a shitload of chars on it.

[Alliance]

- 68 hunter with like 1500g and 75,000 honor
- several twinks

[Horde]

- 70 warlock (main), decked out for pvp with 2000g (epic mount, engi & mining)
- 70 rogue, decent for pvp (alchemy)
- 50 shaman (with enchanting and jewelcrafting)
- 50 druid, ready for leveling
- all the alts are in a single guild with a guild bank

Questions:

How much can you really make off selling characters?

My lock's in full season2/season3 shit. Nothing special for PvE gear, although a fropzen shadoweave set is in bank.

Is it better to split up 70s into 3 accounts and sell them independently?

I assume that means i pay $50 just to split out both the hunter and the rogue into new accounts. Can you do this using trial accounts?

Where do people sell accounts these days? What are going prices on different classes?

Ebay? This MD shit?

What are the "selling points" for characters these days?

Do you emphasize PvE, attunement, PvP gear? Should i even mention gold?

How do you actually make the transaction?

Do i use paypal and wait for a payment to get registered before giving secret question?

Last edited:
Questions:

How much can you really make off selling characters?

The obvious answer is what someone is willing to pay. I sold a warlock with full blues on Ebay a few months back for like $700 though.

That's what I would do. If they were on single accounts people would be willing to pay more for each character as opposed to paying one huge amount for three. Generally people only want one character out of the three anyways.

Where do people sell accounts these days? What are going prices on different classes?

Ebay is tricky, but I think this is where most of the idiots that don't know where to look go, so you could probably make more money.

What are the "selling points" for characters these days?

I'd imagine pvp gear would be a major selling point. A lot of people won't have access to high end instances, but pvp gear is a nice filler until then.

How do you actually make the transaction?

Do i use paypal and wait for a payment to get registered before giving secret question?

Yes.

Regarding PayPal, it's important to understand that you as the seller really bear all the risk. PayPal offers very little in the way of seller protection especially for intangible items like a game account. I highly recommend you read up on the terms and conditions of their seller protection policy. The big fear here is chargebacks. Someone pays you for the account, you wait a few days for the money to transfer to your bank account, and then give him the secret question etc. You're safe, right? WRONG. He can still call his credit card company, claim he never received the item and get his money credited back. The credit card company then passes this charge on to PayPal who just pulls the money right out of your bank account with no warning. The clever ones will even report the auction and have it deleted so that if you try to use the auction as evidence it will no longer exist.

What I have done in the past to get around this is word your auction to say that you are selling a piece of paper with the account info written on it. You then require the buyer to be a verified member with a confirmed address, no exceptions. You then ship this piece of paper to their confirmed address, with a tracking number, and signature required. This way you comply with PayPal's seller protection policy. Explaining all this to a potential buyer is always a mess, and there is generally a lot of confusion/frustration, but this is the only way to truly protect yourself that I know.

Other than that, you can try to get them to pay via Western Union, though eBay will not allow you to force someone to pay via Western Union, you can only offer it as an option.

List them as available to sell together or separate and see what kind of offers you get. You may find someone whos willing to buy the entire account, you may find multiple people who are willing to split. Add the cost of the second account into the price you quote them if that's the case. Worked great when I did my rogue.

You WILL get more money in the end selling individual characters, but people won't want to buy something that isn't transferable for a while, and they won't want to buy a new account.

You'll get the highest amount on ebay IMO. I put my account on realpoor for 250 and nobody bit, then I went and sold it on ebay for 450.

but people won't want to buy something that isn't transferable for a while

Don't transfer it onto the new account (and server of their choosing) until they purchase the account. No point splitting up all of your shit BEFORE you have a buyer.

I still think my bro wants to trade his Alliance warrior on tichondrius for a horde druid(pvp/transfurable!). Send me or kyuss tells for more info. The warrior is pretty well geared, druid can be in any gear :eek:

Back