Tell Me How I Screwed This Up

Baptista

This is a homebrew AC unit I made for my fiancee's grandparents. They live in a early 1900's farmhouse that only has AC in part of the structure. I ripped the idea off of several other units that I've seen that are similar to this but on a smaller scale or with a little different setup. If anybody has any advice on how to improve it or change it let me know. Pics below:

The front: The water exits the system and goes back into the ice chest from here.
498206547_2f0c10e59c.jpg

The back: Water goes from the aquarium pump to the system from this point. Also, I am entirely aware that those are Playboys stacked in my entertainment center.
498206555_323a2e2dea.jpg

The Inside: Just a test run to check for leaks. Normally I'd have way more ice and water in here.
498206565_1807b8e766.jpg

Cliffs:
- Made a AC unit
- Offer advice/criticism

Indeed, too bad TW didn't do a "Fans Across America" effort to save it. Maybe we could have filled them with AIDS water.

not enough coils. There will still be alot of warm air being pushed through the fan, re-warming the cool air up.

Ok, let me expand on some of this.

A. The entire goal for this was to be cheap and efficient. Buying a portable AC unit would be nice but more expensive than this plus they don't have a good place to put it.
B. Yeah, nigger rigged indeed.
C. It works well enough to notice a huge drop in temperature from room to room.

Last edited:
I'm guessing he was trying to impress the future in-laws with his ability to read / construct from diy-plans ripped off the internet. :rofl: Failure.

"hey grandma, instead of buying you a $100 air conditioner that will work for sure, i made you a piece of shit that may actually warm your house more than cool it"

"thanks, guy who is fucking my granddaughter. i hope i don't fall and break my hip refilling this stupid piece of shit every day, you poor fuck."

Back