Esteban guitar any good?

BEAST420

Veteran XV
I want to teach myself another instrument and have the urge to buy the esteban thing on the infomercials. Is it worth it or should I just ctrl+k right now?

what is it?

PS: Don't buy things off infomercials. Go out, get some sunshine and social interaction at your local shopping mall :sunny:

I try my damnedest to never go to malls :sick: I don't like to piss my money away on overpriced things.

I was just wondering about this because it seems like a decent deal.

esteban-guitar.jpg

Choose from Natural or Black Wood Finish - left handed or right handed.

Product Includes: Full Size Acoustic/Electric Steel String Guitar, All Wood with on Board Equalizer (on board electronics), Esteban's New More Powerful 10 watt Amplifier with Master Controls plus an overdrivebutton for electric guitar sound (includes a 10 foot guitar amp cable), Deluxe Hard-sided Nylon Case with interior storage compartment, 2 DVD's: Instructional Lesson - 3 hours of instruction, 2 "Instructional Method for the Guitar" Lesson Books, One Esteban Polishing Cloth, Extra strings, picks, neck straps and allen key.

Plus: Esteban's Guitar Chord Chart poster and 2-DVD set of Esteban Live At Red Rocks Concert.

Only 3 payments of $66.00
plus $18.95 shipping and handling

30 Day Money Back Guarantee! (less S&H)

If it was me...

I'd go to a shop where I can actually see the guitar and talk to people who play guitars about the guitar I'm buying. And then I can make friends with them so they'll show me how to change the strings in a few months when I need some new ones... and I can stare into their dreamy eyes and know that they won't rip me off :)

Otherwise.. if I want to buy a guitar from a faceless corporation who's only goal is to make money and not to give me a guitar that's in tune when I get it home, I'd buy the informercial guitar. (But I'd check out what the warranty said first)

The Estebans are absolute garbage. Seriously.

You can do better with a cheapie starter pack from any music store.

Back