BCS Theoretical Situations or What if's Site?

Blue-Mush

Veteran XV
Anybody know of or play with a site that has if this team does this then this team will be ranked blank. I did a little searching to no avail. I thought maybe one of you guys had messed with one or if something like that exsists. I love college ball but not quite sure all the formulas and crap that are involoved.

I want to see if the Horns still have a chance. :)

if florida and auburn both lose another game and texas wins out i'd say they're in pretty good shape for the nc game.

Horns have a very good chance, especially after Louisville got knocked off last night. It will all depend on how Texas does in the polls, and to a lesser extent how Texas' opponents do in there remaining games.

http://www.bcsfootball.org/bcsfootball/

Texas will obviously jump Louisville to 4th. Florida still has some games left, including the SEC championship games that they could lose, although an undefeated Texas could still pass them. Florida only leads by .002 points to begin with, so any remote factor could put Texas ahead. Ohio State and Michigan play each other, so theres another team that would probably drop below Texas. USC and Auburn would have to be impressive in remaining games to catch up with Texas.

Last edited:
But if Michigan and OSU play each other and one knocks off the other will their strength of schedule keep them ahead of Texas? That's why I'd like the site to put it in all the numbers and crap like that.

I think ONLY if Michigan beats Ohio State would there be any possibility of a rematch of that game in the NC. I have to believe that if Arkansas wins out (TN, LSU, Florida) they would have to be at least considered in the conversation.

I was looking on the ESPN message boards last night and some guy was comparing the remaining schedules of Texas and Florida. They are basically almost exactly the same. Florida plays like #34 team, #100, and #50. Texas' is very similar to that. And then of course Florida will have the edge in schedule strength at the end of year by playing Arkansas or Auburn (Texas will play Nebraska). Even though Florida has played arguably the hardest schedule in the country this year, their remaining schedule is not that great (i think it's South Carolina, Western Carolina, and FSU + SEC champ).

Auburn is almost fucked. They will likely not even make the SEC Championship game since Arkansas beat them head to head this season. So, you could see a 1 loss Auburn not even win their own division. They would then probably be likely to play in a BCS bowl if in that position.

Last edited:
Since no one knows how the BCS formula actually works, and it's heavily weighted with the subjective polls, such a site is essentially impossible.

Since no one knows how the BCS formula actually works, and it's heavily weighted with the subjective polls, such a site is essentially impossible.

I hear this guy has figured it out. Too bad he's lost in the Himalayas.

monk.jpg

I don't think Texas has a very good chance if a 1 loss team gets in. Here's why. USC plays Oregan, Notre Dame, Cal, and UCLA to finish the season. If they win out they will have ridiculous quality wins and Texas can't match that.

I don't think Texas has a very good chance if a 1 loss team gets in. Here's why. USC plays Oregan, Notre Dame, Cal, and UCLA to finish the season. If they win out they will have ridiculous quality wins and Texas can't match that.

I don't understand why Rutgers won't get a shot at it if they win out. They were willing to let Louisville or West Virignia go if they won out...

Rutgers will have played basically the same teams and have beaten both Louisville and West Virginia to get there. It just doesn't make sense that Rutgers won't have a shot at it if WVU and Louisville did.

It's because of program bias link. Rutgers has never been good so they don't get the respect that Notre Dame, Florida, Auburn or USC get. Just look at the bias throwing Arkansas down at #11 despite their beating the hell out of #4 Auburn.

VT was never really "at the top" before 1999. Sure we had a couple of great bowl wins but we were never top 5. RU is getting shafted. VT and Miami were both in the BE when they played for the BCS Championship. I don't think it's fair to bypass an undefeated team from a BCS conference for a 1 loss team.

WVU will probably settle the question on the field when they play. Rutgers still has a rough road.

I think WVU will make the BCS decision easier as well, but what if Rutgers freaking destroys WVU? 52-6 or something?

Rutgers deserves to go to the NC game moreso than any one loss team.

I think WVU will make the BCS decision easier as well, but what if Rutgers freaking destroys WVU? 52-6 or something?

Rutgers deserves to go to the NC game moreso than any one loss team.

I agree.

In general, going undefeated doesn't necessarily make you better than all the 1 loss teams, but Rutgers has some big games against very highly ranked teams. If they win out, they deserve to go.

Winning is everything when it comes to pairing up for the BCS championship. If there are only 2 undefeated teams from BCS conferences, they need to play each other. What's the point of calling the Big East a BCS conference if people really mean Louisville, WVU and sometimes Pitt?

I agree.

In general, going undefeated doesn't necessarily make you better than all the 1 loss teams, but Rutgers has some big games against very highly ranked teams. If they win out, they deserve to go.

Clueless

Rutgers only games against any ranked teams are the two against the cards and WVU. Both from the same shitty conference they come from. That is not really playing highly ranked teams.

They go win out they are still not going to the NC game. Why? Because they are Rutgers and they play in the big easy, which by the way got a lot eaiser when the quality teams left.

I wish Ohio State could lose a close game to Michigan and become the #2 team so we'd have a Big Ten BCS Championship game.

Clueless

Rutgers only games against any ranked teams are the two against the cards and WVU. Both from the same shitty conference they come from. That is not really playing highly ranked teams.

They go win out they are still not going to the NC game. Why? Because they are Rutgers and they play in the big easy, which by the way got a lot eaiser when the quality teams left.
Quality like Miami and VaTech right? :lol:

Quality like Miami and VaTech right? :lol:

Virginia Tech and Miami are quality teams. Miami lacks quality players, but Miami has always been a solid team.

I disagree with his statement that a no loss Rutgers team shouldn't go to the NC, but the Big East lost a lot of its umph when VT, Miami, and BC left.

Back