First time in the 0.4 security area (yah yah, I'm taking it one step at a time)

HeckeL

Veteran X
so I went into 0.4 space for the first time...

not knowing what to expect I baught a cheap little shuttle and took nothing with me. This way if I got ganked it was no biggie.

I was warping through two areas that were 0.4 to pick up an item that I purchased. The first two warps went just fine I docked and picked up my item.

I didnt really see anybody any where on the way in. So I put in my destination to go back and pick up my real ship and all of my goodies two jumps away.

I warp to the first jump gate and son of bitch there are 5 pirates there flashing messages on my screen telling me to pay them a ransom or face destruction.

Well I ignore them and keep heading for the gate... They start shooting at me in my super elite base model space shuttle. I am sure that just one hit is going to blow me to bits. Five volleys later they have not hit me and I reach the warp gate and am out of there.

I didnt take the time to check their ships out, so I don't know what they were flying. Are most pirates in the 0.4 areas this pathetic?

shuttles are actually pretty damn hard to hit for a battleship if the player has poor gunnery skills.

If they were in anything else you probably would have been toast.

Well, they could have also been out of range. It could have been a number of reasons. But no, they aren't usually that pathetic.

you cant hit shuttles with large guns.. well maybe 1% of the time =/

but you shoulda gotten webbed, then you woulda got owned

Well... I got my cherry popped.

I lost my first ship. I am flying through space in my pod. I was getting really proud of my ship too. :mecry:

Oh well, at least I didn't get podded as well.

HeckeL said:

I lost my first ship. I am flying through space in my pod. I was getting really proud of my ship too. :mecry:

I think the vets like to see us lose our cherries.

last time I ventured to a 0.4 space due to mission, one of them in the channel offered to buy me a new ship if I get popped (I was hesitant since it was a spanking brand new merlin that was fitted). A couple of them pulled out chairs and popcorn and ready to watch my red screen :mecry:

-=TTC=-Serpreme said:
lol shuttles suck lol

I took that shuttle the one time because I was unsure what to expect.

I lost a fully outfitted Destroyer. I was not carrying any loot though. Between insurance and cash on hand I have enough to buy a new one.

I am considering slumming it in a Merlin until I have enough to buy a decent cruiser though.

HeckeL said:
I took that shuttle the one time because I was unsure what to expect.

I lost a fully outfitted Destroyer. I was not carrying any loot though. Between insurance and cash on hand I have enough to buy a new one.

I am considering slumming it in a Merlin until I have enough to buy a decent cruiser though.

hope you got enough skills, I can only put 2 guns + 1 missile, not enough juice to put 2nd missile launcher (I can if I have at least eng 4 skill + PDS)

I wasnt belittling you,i've tried to hit them before also. But luckily i had small weaponary but my skills arent very high. It equaled out in the end. Damn thos things suck lol

-=TTC=-Serpreme said:
I wasnt belittling you,i've tried to hit them before also. But luckily i had small weaponary but my skills arent very high. It equaled out in the end. Damn thos things suck lol

gottcha. :bigthumb:

HeckeL said:

i got podded on my first death..lost my frigate :(

FalseMyrmidon said:
I never lost a ship to players. I have lost quite a few to npcs though due to not paying attention.

the only time I have lost a ship to a player?

When I was stupid, first 2 weeks into game and I was sitting outside a station with a 5m dollar skillbook in my cargo bay and I got the ol "shoot him, die and let someone else loot" trick.

I've been killed so many times I can't remember the count... ;)

I do remember once loosing an Itty 4, 30 minutes after buying it in torrinos,...uninsured... :(

I ran across two pirates camping a random gate north of X-70 on my way to LC. They ganked my uninsured itty 4, which then deposited an atron I was carrying into space. So I hopped into the atron, and got the hell outta there.

Then some friendlies came along to take care of the pirates, so I warped back to grab what loot I could. The damn pirates came back at me, and took out my atron and my pod... :(

Teflonatron said:
I've been killed so many times I can't remember the count... ;)

I do remember once loosing an Itty 4, 30 minutes after buying it in torrinos,...uninsured... :(

I ran across two pirates camping a random gate north of X-70 on my way to LC. They ganked my uninsured itty 4, which then deposited an atron I was carrying into space. So I hopped into the atron, and got the hell outta there.

Then some friendlies came along to take care of the pirates, so I warped back to grab what loot I could. The damn pirates came back at me, and took out my atron and my pod... :(

lol

I bought a replacement ship fromt the same fuggin pirate that podded me, we both had a good laugh over it.

I've lost two Prophecy battlecruisers to NPC's due to stupid mistakes. I've lost three Vigil frigates to pvp and been podded two of those time. I've killed a pod though and helped on a bunch of other kills so I feel like I've done a good job. :)

Back