EVE?

Commando321

Veteran XV
Ok, so I am thinking about picking this up. I am coming form SWG and I was ranked fairly high and ranked in the top 10 on the server for my beloved power hammer.

Anyways, NGE ruined SWG so I am looking for a new game.

Seems like Eve has a great economy setup and I like what I have read about the style of Corporations.

I would like to know the pros and cons of this game from players.

I also heard the first month sucks.

I am currently playing CoV.

thanks

shut up...nobody wants to answer you here.

:p:

I guess it all depends on what you expect of the game. I personally started (along with a decent group of guys here from TW) about 3 months ago. I had fun right from the get-go cuz we (the group) did mining ops together...which in turn got us $$$. Just the social part of it was alot of fun (and still is to me).

All the guys here just merged with an established corp (who had sponsored us when we were new) and things are looking really well for us. We have some VERY experienced players as well as newer guys (like myself).

The nice thing about this game that I like is that you dont have to be on 24 hours a day to 'level up'. Your skills take 'time' to learn...but the nice thing is that this is basically REAL TIME (which doesn't stop when you are logged off). Example...If I want to study "ELECTRONICS IV"...it will say that skill will take me 1 day 6 hours...then I can just click on that to start "studying" this. I then don't have to come back to the game to fine a new skill to study for 1 day 6 hours (LITERALLY). You can also stop skills mid 'study' and then go back to them later without losing any of the 'study' time...etc.

I'm rambling now...but to me I really enjoy the game.

Well, if TW has a corporation that would be amazing.

What does it take to get in besides being a member?
And do they have a Vent server?

The alliance our corp is part of uses TeamSpeak.

If you want to play, I suggest giving the 14 day free trial a try. Idle in the "Tribalwar" channel once you are done the FULL tutorial (don't skip any of this...I MEAN IT! :D)

We will answer any questions you might have.

Inviting new members to the corp now is kinda up in the air, as we just merged. However, if you hang around and are really into the game, I'm sure we'd extend you an invite. :)

Just being from TW will get you in but you cant get accepted until you are out of the free trail period. But hop in the tribalwar channel ingame and most of us hang in there too, well be more than happy to front you some cash to boost your noobiness.

We dont have a personel TS server but the alliance we are a member of does and we use it for combat ops etc

Well thanks guys I really appreciate the comments. I will buy the game sometime next week since I don't have time right now because of finals. I look forward to showing off my "noobiness" to you guys. I will post here during that time to get the TS info and such.

Thanks again

Commando321 said:
Well thanks guys I really appreciate the comments. I will buy the game sometime next week since I don't have time right now because of finals. I look forward to showing off my "noobiness" to you guys. I will post here during that time to get the TS info and such.

Thanks again

Download it for free if you can. It's 500mb, but that shouldn't be too big of a problem...hehe Do a search for 14 day EvE free trial, and you should be able to find a code for the trial...

Teflonatron said:
Download it for free if you can. It's 500mb, but that shouldn't be too big of a problem...hehe Do a search for 14 day EvE free trial, and you should be able to find a code for the trial...

ya, as long as the host is good I can dl it in 10 or 15 min. ;)

will i have to use my credit card for teh trial?

SWG was the last MMO that I played, as well (although I quit before the first "combat revamp"). One big reason that I like this game is that, similar to SWG (before they ruined it) and the old original UO, there is no "leveling" (as in omg lvl 60 cleric/monk/paladin q0wns j00!). If you want to dabble in a bit o' this and a bit o' that, the game allows it. I also like not having to repetitively grind away doing the same shit over and over to gain XP.

That being said, attributes matter a LOT in this game, as far as reducing real time required to train skills. When you DL the trial, post your character stats here soon after you make him, and read up beforehand so you know what you should aim for, stats-wise. Once you get all set up, I'd recommend starting on Learning skills, which improve your attributes, but everyone here knows that I'm a Learning whore.

When you make your character, try to get Intelligence, Memory, Perception, and Willpower about even, and Charisma as low as possible. Charisma it really only useful for training corp management skills and trading stuff, which you don't need much of.

You don't need the confirmation email to log in. Just download, install, and login with the username and password you created.

EVEmail me and Ill send you a guide to make sure you get the best attributes and starting skills.

What kind of combat you like? Up close, far away, missles or guns. Little fighters that fly out your ass? Lasers interest you? Hate french tomuch? Enjoy shabbily contructed ships?

R U black?

haniblecter said:
EVEmail me and Ill send you a guide to make sure you get the best attributes and starting skills.

What kind of combat you like? Up close, far away, missles or guns. Little fighters that fly out your ass? Lasers interest you? Hate french tomuch? Enjoy shabbily contructed ships?

R U black?

What is your in game name?

I started out as umm caldari male or w/e it's called. I have high intel with all others at an 8 except charisma. I am at the war academy and specialize in hybrid weaponry. I am currently learning frigate tech 2 or w/e it's called.

I am huge on pvp. It is my favorite thing to do. Lasers sound cool and yes I hate the French. Carriers sound cool and capital class ships sounds like alot of fun. What would you guys suggest as far as being a badass but also being a really fun ship to fly?

Also, will you be able to have more than one ship so that I can have a pvp ship then a mining ship to get mad money?

K thanks

I did the 14 day trial and will by the game for sure next week once finals are over. That will be Tuesday. I am still in the tutorial which I am glad that I decided to stick out. This game is so complex, which I love, that you would be screwed if you didn't do it.

See you guys in a fw. I will log a little bit this weekend.

Thanks again

You can have as many ships as you want, it's more a matter of if you can afford them or not.

Since you're caldari and going for more of a combat role you should probably look at using a Merlin (frigate) to start with. It's pretty decent. After that though you need to decide exactly what combat role you want to do (as there are a few options. Tackler, EW whore, pure damage, tanker, and so on. Most of those can be mixed as well to an extent. For instance for pvp it wouldn't hurt for everyone to have some EW modules (both to screw up the other guy and to guard your own ass).

So probably best to start with simple combat and research which of the specializations you might want to do (if any).

Back