[so]Im downloading the trial.

MajorChaos

Contributor
Veteran X
I played Earth and beyond until it died (fucking ea games). I have herd stories from Eve players that basically translate to "if your not in a guild, you die." Is this crap true and what kind of learning curve am i looking at?

no your not gonna die without a guild as long as you stay in .5-1.0 space.

the learning curve is not steep to get rolling and making some ISK.

the guys in here will help you out. If you can fly it, Ill give you an incursus free.But dont let that determine what race you go with.

When you form your character make sure you get perception and intelligence as your high attributes. Charisma is probably the one you dont want to concern your self with right off the bat.

READ THE PLAYER GUIDE AT www.eve-online.com, least most of it.

If you need a hand jump in help, its pretty good, better yet though tribalwar channel because its less crowded and people will help a noob out.

Im a month in and already have a million ISK trade route that takes about 30 minutes to complete, I can mine golden omber for about 1 mill/hr now, and I can do missions for a level 1 agent without blinking.

Last edited:
holy shit where has this game been all my life!?!?

as soon as i figure out how to change the chat channel.

nm i figured it out thanks. only 4 ppl in the channel.

Last edited:
MajorChaos said:
holy shit where has this game been all my life!?!?

as soon as i figure out how to change the chat channel.

nm i figured it out thanks. only 4 ppl in the channel.

:lol:

Welcome to the club... hehe

There are usually only a few people online during the morning hours. We usually have 10-15 online during the evenings and more on the weekends.

I hope you have a high perception and willpower

If not, start over. I'm majorly suffering because I started out with my charisma being too high.

i have a high int and a high perception, i think my will is at 6

Oh yay now the game if fucked up and it freezes up on the last qurter of the loading bar, there for i can only log in and get stuck.....

Last edited:
MajorChaos said:
i have a high int and a high perception, i think my will is at 6

Oh yay now the game if fucked up and it freezes up on the last qurter of the loading bar, there for i can only log in and get stuck.....
find the eve directory in program files and delete the contents of the cache folder.

That should unstick you

When I started out I had to do this a few times, but I haven't needed to in like 2 months.

Vlasic said:
find the eve directory in program files and delete the contents of the cache folder.

That should unstick you

When I started out I had to do this a few times, but I haven't needed to in like 2 months.

worked, now i hope eve does not make a habbit of doing that..

theres another free trial? I thought the last 10 day one expired last week. I've been looking at this game real hard... I almost bought it on impulse but its too close to finals. The game looks really good though, concept wise. I've had enough of the EQ/DaoC/WoW rehash mmorpgs. Haven't found good PvP since UO either. Maybe i'll get it after finals.

How is the longterm playability? Anyone PvP hardcore?

It takes a while to be able to be an effective solo PvP asset, but for fleet engagements, even week one frigs can be effective as their speed and small size make them hard targets for larger ships.

NAT Mav said:
It takes a while to be able to be an effective solo PvP asset, but for fleet engagements, even week one frigs can be effective as their speed and small size make them hard targets for larger ships.

i cant wait to see some mass combat / mining ops

MajorChaos said:
i cant wait to see some mass combat / mining ops

I can't begin to explain how awesome it was to be running around in hostile territory in a 15 player gang, and then to meet up with another 20 player gang. Seeing a friendly gang warp out of nowhere was such a rush.

Then we engaged a 50 player gang with our 35, and did some major damage...

Back