[VISION] of TribalWar Corp!

Ender

ValtreX
I think it's about time we started thinking about who we are, what we want to be, and when will we be there. The discussion of which home base we will start from, or the logistics of the corp, is irrelevant for now. We need a foundation.

As most of you know, ASCN, a pretty awesome alliance launched the first outpost in 0.0 yesterday. A huge achievement and they did it during a War with the alliance MC. What a slap to the face to MC rofl.

Anyways..

I want to start a discussion of those three things.

WHO ARE WE?
WHAT WE WANT TO BE
WHEN WILL WE BE THERE

I'll start off by going first.

I think as a group, I hope for us to be TEAM motivated players. Meaning, when we have to sweat for the Corp, doing mining operations, group rat kills, complexes, etc to benefit the corp is important. Not all the time ISK will be flowing to our pockets, but to the corp wallet, so we can invest into bigger and badder things.

We can be whoever we want to be pirate, mercs, miners, researchers, and even all in one.

What I hope to be as a group, I want us to be a powerhouse. I want us to be in 0.0. I want to be able to as a group get into the political drama, make change, and be known. Their are many corps that are respected and revered even now, when they're not active, because of the actions they did.

We can be that. We don't need no artificial "rank" or "stats" to tell us we're good, we know we are good when our name is feared.. like how The Five, or BoB is. Everyone knows not to fuck with them.

And finally, when will we be there?

I really do not know, but my goal is to give us 6 months to get our shit together so we can make the COLLECTIVE move to 0.0 and make a home. I think with-in a year we should be with-in an alliance and starting our career towards fame and fortune.

Before I type more, just give some thoughts on what the corp should be about the vision, we will have a logistics post later to discuss homebase/structure.

holy crap that's a lot of thought

but remember we are tribes players, we own at teamwork by nature : P

we are tribes players
we want to take the universe in 2 maps or less
and we will be there before the next mitsulan

I largely agree with what you have to say, though I think we need to strongly think about piracy. If we go full pirate, that means going against the NPC empires and CONCORD too, which would make us KOS for their NPCs, limiting us to <.5 space. In spite of how fun piracy is, I think we may want to stick with a more traditional route, and only pirate as a way to war with other corps.

if we want to make ourselves known, we will amass a large enough force to take out that new player run station in .0 space. the one that was in the news today.

that would be a feat worthy of mentioning.

I'd like us to pick a corner of the galaxy away from any NPC stations and then remove any player stations within 15 jumps. :D I want people to look at a map and say, see that black area there. Don't go there, thats where people disappear.

We could hunt rants there, mine, etc to bring in cash and I am sure we could have a couple of alt chars that would have access to 0.0 so we could use Industrials' to haul all the ore so we could sell it.

DocHolliday said:
I'd like us to pick a corner of the galaxy away from any NPC stations and then remove any player stations within 15 jumps. :D I want people to look at a map and say, see that black area there. Don't go there, thats where people disappear.

We could hunt rants there, mine, etc to bring in cash and I am sure we could have a couple of alt chars that would have access to 0.0 so we could use Industrials' to haul all the ore so we could sell it.

yes

DocHolliday said:

I think we should try to get hold of a BPO of some common lower-level tech, say a turret or a common frigate component and research the hell out of it until it is noticably better in as many ways as possible from any standard type or other usermade mods of it. Then we get some alts to manufacture/distribute it to all the newbie areas at a small profit margin. If all goes well, we'll become the new standard in say, bloodclaw missiles. Then we'll have the money rake in from profits, our name out as a respectable weapons manufacturer, and hopefully gain access to better BPOs.

As far as I can tell, there don't seem to be any really well known weapons manufacturers. There just seem to be minor, almost insignificant mods to weapons that are sold at rediculously exorbinant prices. If we can make real quality weapons at reasonable prices, we could make a fortune.

Bomber has a point...

Xanadu and BIG and NAGA all became the standards for tech 2 and certain tech 1 gear as well as named loot as they started a market for it and you went to them for the item, they made billions.

BIG came up with the Battleship BPO pay as you go plan... for some cash you can get a copy of a battleship bluprint and if you buy enough copies they will hand you the full fledged BPO meaning no wasted capital... it was brilliant and BIG made so much they invented the EVE lottery which gives out 1 billion ISK every 2 weeks...

look up the BIG lottery for EVE in google and there is a website somwhere if you want to try it.

We should definitely get our Corp structured before creating it though.

A few questions I have.

Are we going to have ranks?

Are we going to have different divisions?

Do we want to be good, evil, or both?

I assume Xavier/Spin is going to be our leader since he has the most experience in this so those are some questions you can look over. :)

I was hoping we could be a evil gank squad. We need to get good and organized. We will own large Corps in hit and run engagements and earn their respect and setup lines of communications with them. We can then "lend" our talent out to these Corps in large fleet engagements. I'd love to get involved in a large fleet engagement by covering the escape route and podding all of those who retreat. :D

Large Corps need to be politically correct when dealing with other Corps. When they want to be "rough" with someone they need outside help. Soemone they can deny responsibility for. This gives us all the excuses in the world we need to be nasty and evil to carebears.

I did it in Shadowbane with my small but VERY elite group of players there. 10 on 10 we were tops in the game. At one point our best 10 could take our groups of 30 or more. Hit and Run, Hit and Run. When done right you can take anyone out no matter how big the force.

Last edited:
I like that idea.

We can be the galactic goon squad. We can be hired by any corp that doesn't want to taint their reputation.

IF we are talking about being a gank squad. Maybe it might be prudent to have two seperate corps? One being the business end (mining operations/factory..etc) and one being the muscle/"goons for hire" idea.

Just a thought.

Hmm...the more I think of it the more 2 corps makes sense. No backlash of corps killing our money producing guys because of actons of our goons.

Trav wanted to head up our mining division (well he mentioned it once yesterday)...maybe he would be willing to lead the "Mining/Manufacturing Corp" while Spin heads up the "Goon/Pirate Corp"?

Again...just thinking outloud...

There are a few miner dudes way ahead of me in terms of skills (at this exact moment in time) but I'd accept that position if it were one.

And if I understand it correctly... two separate corps can form an alliance, and that alliance can take over realms of space. Two corps that form one sounds ideal. Moneymaking corps supports the fighting corps and vice versa - when miners need protection in low sec space, we enlist a couple guys from the Pirate corp to fly out and patrol the belt. When pirate corp needs a new ship, Mining corp divvies up some ISK. It's perfect.

Or am I thinking out loud, too?

Last edited:
One point we need to think about is patience! Let's not permanently place a corp base somewhere and find out a week later we're in a piss poor spot on in the middle of some huge ass alliance war.

But if it's not permanent than no biggie.

Back