[Beating a dead horse] Why aren't we a corp yet?

fuck, if someone is going to gank you they aren't gonna check your info first, they are just gonna blast you. If they happen to be retarded and want to read your biography before ganking you I'd have a feeling that they would attack a lone wolf before they attack someone who might have friends around the corner.

There are other groups of people much badder and better armed than we are and will probably remain so for the time that TW is active in any force. They'll all be worried about other formidable enemies. Im just not sold on NOT starting a corp because we think the whole server would come down on us.

Dead Ben said:
fuck, if someone is going to gank you they aren't gonna check your info first, they are just gonna blast you. If they happen to be retarded and want to read your biography before ganking you I'd have a feeling that they would attack a lone wolf before they attack someone who might have friends around the corner.

There are other groups of people much badder and better armed than we are and will probably remain so for the time that TW is active in any force. They'll all be worried about other formidable enemies. Im just not sold on NOT starting a corp because we think the whole server would come down on us.

Well actually if you appear as neutral enemies WILL check your bio before ganking you especially if you are part of a task force... the fact of life is that alliances have many member corps as well as allied corps and these things need to be addressed before shooting starts.

Just so the question is answered once and for all, at this point we're waiting on Spinfusor/Xavier to train up his corp/management skills before we found the corp. You need skills to have over a certain number of people, and to have more than a certain % of your corp be of a race other than the corp founder. It'll be a week at most before we can found TW.

I have a question. If we are in 0.0 space, does it matter who we attack? Does Concord come down on us if we hit alliance players even though its outside their jurisdiction?

If they do not then we can go this route. We can base our warships out of a NPC base near 0.0. Nightly we can form groups that raid thru system after system of 0.0 looking for warships hunting rats, miners, large transports. The more we do this the more we will reap the benefits of catching corps with their pants down. Might even come across some BPO's and other valuable goods.

If EVE's setup is so that we cannot do this then we need to find a very quiet corner to setup a base.

In Shadowbane we had to base ourselves out of NPC cities for awhile because or small band of PK's was so well known we were kill on site to nearly the entire server. We setup a city or two but we had to do it with alts, if we didn't the city was razed within hours.

Last edited:
Doc, I believe that what happens in 0-sec space stays in 0-sec space(to maul a movie quote), but I'm not 100% sure. Obe is not a bad system to start out of if we do go that route though.

anyway the reason 0.0 chokes to empire are camped is that Alliances and people who have spent time in 0.0 need to come back to empire to sell their mining loot, NPC loot, manufactured goods etc...

if an alliance were to send an industrial to us that we were to gank that was full a megacyte the entire group would earn enough for a battleship.

Sp!nfusor Salad said:
if an alliance were to send an industrial to us that we were to gank that was full a megacyte the entire group would earn enough for a battleship.

DAAYAAAAMMMMMMM

There is something to be said for being a member of Tribal War, but at the same time not being a member of Tribal War. There would be times when it could be advantageous that your character doesn't have any record of being connected to Tribal War because it's not written down anywhere.

Then, at other times, it would be very advantageous that your affiliation to Tribal War be very well advertised.

Imagine if we had a very respectable "Navy", a cadre of crewmen with security ratings high enough to go anywhere without any worry of NPC police or other factors. At the same time, there is also a clandestine "Squad X" within that navy with no tags, who lead a double life. By day "honorable" members of TW... by night they do the dirty work the Navy can not do in the open, an "alts" group of dark spectres who could care less of how low their security rating falls.

Last edited:
We are not naming the corp(s) Tribal War. Think Blood Eagle, or Diamond Sword, or Children of the Phoenix... something along those lines.

Travelyan said:
We are not naming the corp(s) Tribal War. Think Blood Eagle, or Diamond Sword, or Children of the Phoenix... something along those lines.

In that case, how about Star Wolf. Since you guys like to hunt in wolf packs wen you go pirating.

Last edited:
I would say that we should name ourselves "Vivendi Universal", but then we'd need to be well-known for screwing over every person in the game we do business with...

why not call it tribalwar? I mean blood eagle, diamond sword, COTP or especially Star Wolf(s) ar not bad names at all and remind of Tribes.

But tribalwar would be the ultimate name for it because well we are tribalwar?

the problem about using another name then tw, ppl wont think "wow we got bad owned from the tw guys" they think "we got owned from some newbies with stupid name corp"

Back