Custom Reticles Help

C

[ cyn0byte ]

I've searched the forums and have tried googling for an answer, but when I try to export a reticle from the Hud.pkg or any custom reticle package (ie: IlysRets.pkg) the exported image is always corrupt when opening in Photoshop CS 8. I have the nvidia tools, and I can export any texture that doesn't have an alpha channel to view just fine. It only happens when exporting images with alpha transparencies. Also, when I make a custom image to import, what format should I be saving the dds file in so that I can use it as a reticle?

Any help would be appreciated, tkx.

Well, since my first post, I am still having issues. I still have problems saving files in photoshop that have transparent areas as dds files. I have tried every compression method available to me with the nvidia ps plugin. The transparent areas always come out to be white. The same thing holds true when I try to export images with transparent areas. The transparent areas are always white. :( I have tried uninstalling T:V, then reinstalling. I've tried, uninstalling T:V + nVidia tools then reinstalling, no luck. Also I've tried uninstalling T:V + nVidia plugin + PS then reinstalling, still no luck. There has got to be something that I am doing wrong and I simply can not figure out what it might be.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I finally figured it out! :clap:

After exporting the reticle I want to edit in TVed, all I needed to do was view the alpha channel in PS. Simple step for some of you, but it took me a while to figure that part out.

As far as using custom rets, I saved in DXT3 format, imported in TVed, then double-click to view it's properties. Next I clicked the plus beside [+] Surface to expand it, then just change bAlphaTexture to True. Viola, my custom reticle.

Back