Editor Downloads?

B

Beaker

Newbie here, i've searched around and can't find an Editor download that works so figured i would ask here :)

when i try and open the TVed application i get:

?DummyFunctionToBreakCompataibility@OEgine@@UAEHH@Z

i'm trying to port some maps that i worked on for Mechwarrior4 and never got round to finishing. 1st time i've worked on the Unreal Engine as well.

Literally i have 7 downloads of exactly the same file that gives the same error each time!

Yeah it's called "TVToolsBeta" and it's 857k.

According to a couple of things i read the files should have been in a folder, but when i looked they wheren't there.

porting how? as far as I know you can't port a ready map from another engine, ex.Halo to Unreal, unless you are trying to recreate a similar looking map from scratch

You need retail to do map making. The downloadable T:Ved version is unusable.

If you have retail check your Program/Bin/ folder for something called TVed.exe, there is no need to download it. It is there by default durring retail install.

The TVed beta map maker only worked with the open beta version of the game. The MP and SP demo versions don't support it, and as Arc said, if you bought the game then you have it installed by default.

I've done some tinkering around, and in the end uninstalled and reinstalled. The editor wasn't there before, but with the reinstall it appeared. Odd.

By port i mean i want to use the height maps i've already created with Terragen and then use the basic terrains to then add T:V objects into the map in similar places to the mech4 maps. If this works out ok i'll try and port a few other Mech4 maps. Mainly because the mech community is waiting with baited breath for the starsiege mad and a couple of familiar maps would make people feel a little more at home. Might as well expand the community where possible.

The present maps are ALL far too small for a game with Hercs/Mechs in it IMO.

Back