Volumes Settings

Devo_N

Veteran X
I'm trying to set up a zero G volume, or failing that a physics volume.

I've been fiddling with the Zone Velocity, gravity, fluid friction and ground friction setting.

friction settings seem to do NOTHING.

gravity just acts weird. What I really want is for gravity to really press you down (onhibit jumping / jetting). I can't seem to make this happen. Positive AND negative values alike just make it zero G. In a physics volume, they have NO effect.

ZoneVelocity, which sounded so promising, has no effect in a physics volume or a Zero-G volume.

Whre can I find info on these settings? unrealwiki isn't very helpful, and the UDN pages say you have to be a licensee in order to access the info they have. Help!

I too have tried ADDING Gravity, to Prevent 700+ speeds on a map Of mine that is still in Idea Mode.

Alass, only thing the settings effect for me are my Wepons.

It just makes mortors either Float or drop to the float after fireing them.

yea, ant, it would be nice to have some input on this if you're around.

i played on a mutator'd server last night that had perma-speed pack. if nothing else, that made me want to get into coding and try to create a speed enhanced movement mod, but not weapon speed enhanced... basically increase movement and skiing speeds to make it faster.

This one's a little out of my area of expertise, as I suspect it actually involves *gasp* code, but I'll see what I can find out.

Writing code for a volume has been no picnic either. In fact my code never seems to get executed, the volume just behaves the same no matter what I do :(

If you want to affect player movement, you're going to have to create new classes for the player, and hook them up to new MPStart objects as well. You can also change the config files in the Content\Movement directory to experiment with the existing classes - back up the files first!

I'm still looking into volumes.

Back