MitsuLAN

Email spamming is worth a shot, but I doubt you'll get a whole lot out of it. email spam usually works best for the sale of a cheapo product/service, not the promotion of an event taking place in one particular particular location.

also, you will not get anyone to go to the lan part by hitting up clubs... sure people may come to the party, but not the LAN.

You are in for a world of hurt mitsu... a "retired enterpeneur" would see this and take corrective action in a heartbeat. Seriously, don't get yourself fucked. Your sponsors will be mad, your customers will be mad, and you may end up ctrl-k'ing :\

Do what others are suggesting. Scale it back while there's still time. If you're going to burn some bridge, make it sooner rather than later.

I also doubt the whole sponsorship thing. I'm guessing you're banking on registration money for prizes, because no worthwhile sponsor is going to tag along when all you offer is a vision and no guarantee.

PsioniX said:
hes gonna say its a success no matter what because nobody will go so nobody can say it wasnt

We should all pitch in a quarter, and pay someone $50 or so to go take pics.

PsioniX said:
hes gonna say its a success no matter what because nobody will go so nobody can say it wasnt

I live down the street. Lets get 99 people to send me a dollar and I'll register and go and take pics and then post them for the world to see.

I couldn't resist.

mitsulan.jpg

Vivrant said:
i cant fuckin wait for the thread on this flop

It's not often we get so much hilarity out of a single event. I hope he postpones it again so it lasts another half year

why hasn't the CS community heard of this LAN? if u purely advertised this as a CS thing it 'could have been' a lot bigger.

Back