[RELEASE] Big Monkey's T:V Sound Pack

Big Monkey

Veteran XV
I have finally wrapped up this sound pack I had started in early August. I started a new job in mid September so I stopped working on it for about 7 weeks. I used the spare time on the weekends to finish it up and I now have finished it about as far as I can without dedicating too much more time to it. It is not what I intended as a finished product, but it's not too shabby either. A lot of the sounds aren't as clear as I'd like and the text definately didn't have much thought put into it, so I definately expect there to be shortcomings. Feel free to edit as you wish.

It is a large download, and an even larger install due to how T:V sound packs are implemented. This is what I had to work with so don't go nuts on me.

Download the file here

Please read the ReadMe.txt file completely and if there are any problems I will try to help. I expect most of the problems though will be due to either lack of hard drive space or huds that you have tweaked and want to keep that way. I probably will not be able to help you with either of those since I am poor and can't buy you a new drive nor do I know how to make or change huds much other than what I've done for myself.

There are over 1200 sounds to listen to and I'm sure there is something there for everyone. If there is something missing you feel should be added, please email any suggestions to me and I will most likely add it to a future add-on release. Keep in mind this IS a sound pack and I do enjoy listening to the occasional spam. With that said, there are some files(mostly all the music and several random ones here and there) that are long....like 30-70 seconds long...so if you are easily annoyed by really long clips, you will either have to edit or delete some of the .ogg files, or simply not use the pack at all. Anyone who doesn't have the pack will not be subject to anything new or hidden ala T2 sound packs...so you guys are safe.

Enjoy!

It takes up more space than the game! more than 2 gigs!

Sorry but as much as i like sound packs I dont want it to take so much space.

Yes well that is the proper way to install it. Any third party sound packs will be the actual size x 16 if you want to ensure hearing all possible voices. You can choose to only install it to the voice you use or the ones you presume you will expect others to use most to save on space.

First of all -- a job well done. Very cool. I love it :p

Only question I had is, are there a few that don't have sounds? I found like 2 or 3, part of like the T:V related chat, like "Move! Move!" just showed text with no sound, and just a few others, that may or may not even use if they did have sound. I was just curious.

Thanks bigmonkey, that was cool of you... only thing, HOW IN BLAZES do i get the damn ambient sounds setup in TVed??? I found the class for it, but from the UnrealEd tutorials I've been reading, seems they ditched some of the options under sound for the ambientSound actor..... no way I can see to set the sound. :p please help!

Drumstix42 said:
First of all -- a job well done. Very cool. I love it :p

Only question I had is, are there a few that don't have sounds? I found like 2 or 3, part of like the T:V related chat, like "Move! Move!" just showed text with no sound, and just a few others, that may or may not even use if they did have sound. I was just curious.

Ya actually I didn't mess with what Registered Fruit did at all with his platform he made for the T1 style chat. I never used all of it...just the basic global stuff mostly...VGQ VGC VAV etc... so if there is something off there...then that is why.

LordOfShadows said:
Thanks bigmonkey, that was cool of you... only thing, HOW IN BLAZES do i get the damn ambient sounds setup in TVed??? I found the class for it, but from the UnrealEd tutorials I've been reading, seems they ditched some of the options under sound for the ambientSound actor..... no way I can see to set the sound. :p please help!

I wish I could help guy, but I didn't use TVed or any Tribes related tools to make this sound pack. Sorry :(

Plasmatic said:
np :roller:
I've slapped together a small installer for the pack. It won't edit the .ini files, but it takes some of the pain out of installing.

http://www.tribes0.com/Big Monkey Installer.zip

You should update the website sometime.. The installer links to it. :cat:

That is freaking sweet dude. I don't update the site too much, plus the forums are down right now cuz I have no clue how to set them up via Tysoft's hosting. Hell I had to have help from Fozzy to get them set up when I had remote access to a box I used to rent. Still though I really appreciate what you've done so far. I am honored =]

Back