Marco Texture?

Ashley

Veteran XV
Curious how I sould go about making a Marco texture for my map?

Do I take the Heightmap, Convert it too Rgb8 and edit it in Photoshop?

Are there certain colors i sould use?

A macro (not marco :) ) texture is kinda like a coloration and shading overlay of your terrain.

In some instances, it is best to use a hieghtmap, and in the general sense, reference your map for things like water or some other special feature.

The best way is to get your hieghtmap in PS, and then start adding in layers of shading. Also apply some filters to give some grain to the macro texture so it doesn't look like 1 shade. Basically apply whatever tones of color you want applied to your textures, and ingame they will show up as something simmilar. The map should be 512x512 and it may require some tweaking to get right.

As for the colors you want to use- thats entirely up to you. Just pay attention to the existing hue of the terrain texture your using, and try to thing of how those colors would mix. Essentially it's up to you, you can go with orange, green, blue, pink... there are no restrictions. Suppose you want red terrain, you may consider a red thats slightly orange, it all really depends on how the lighting, terrain and the macro texture all blend in together.

Thanks! I didnt come across anything about it in the uED tuts. Really had NO idea where to start.

BTW how is Rollercoaster coming?

Back