Few questions for you master mappers..

MentalPiracy

Veteran XV
ok so im still a newb at mapping, i got a few qustions i tried lookin for.. Im making a arena type map, so how do i get the crowd sound like in the sparidian map, also the score board can i make it say who is winning? also more important can i make the out of bounds grid invisible? insted of the honeycomb look?

1) Consult PR24 or the UD Network. PR got a wind effect going on Stormdance.
2) No one has gotten the scoreboard to work yet.
3) No, but you can use blocking volumes in its place around the immediate area to achieve a similar effect. However, you WILL need a OOB to take a command map picture. Just set it far out enough that no one can see it.

oh the reason i was asking bout the boundry is becaus it is included in the map.. so i wanted it invisible.. if it is not its not a big deal it would just be better if it was invisible.

ok i found out how to hide the out of bounds grid, i went to the properties saw the render material was under boundry volume or somthing like that, i erased it and clicked none.. now it is invisible but still acts as a boundry thanks alot to ZackW.. now known as the uber mapper :cat: lol

Cinderkarst said:
1) Consult PR24 or the UD Network. PR got a wind effect going on Stormdance.
2) No one has gotten the scoreboard to work yet.
3) No, but you can use blocking volumes in its place around the immediate area to achieve a similar effect. However, you WILL need a OOB to take a command map picture. Just set it far out enough that no one can see it.

Concerning #2, if you can get your hands on the map code for that, then you should be able to add it to a map that has some type of effect like that. Im pretty sure you can find the source for that somewhere :) Adding would be the tricky thing :)

Back