Minor Problem With MP Base Turrets

Halfscan

Veteran X
Any base turrets I add to a map (whether "cut-n-paste" or added from scratch) have a small problem:

When the map starts, the turrets spawn without their barrels. Once a player enters them, the barrels appear and the turret works as it should, but otherwise it looks bad.

Any idea what I'm missing?

-Half

The muzzle on the front of the base turrets is a separate object from the turret body itself.

This is likely to be detail-level related and will probably display fine on anyone's system with a higher detail level. Try setting your own detail level higher and see if that works.

SmOkkin' Joe said:
whats the barrel you are talking about?

Sentry, Burner, Mortar, AntiAir, etc...
Base turrets are 2 parts, a "base" and a "barrel"

The turret base is there, but the barrel is missing until the first time a player sits in the gunner's seat.

-Half

IrritAnt said:
This is likely to be detail-level related and will probably display fine on anyone's system with a higher detail level. Try setting your own detail level higher and see if that works.

I'll try that later (just started an encoding project on my main system so I can't get back on it for about 3 hours), but I'm pretty sure it's not a graphic issue...

...for one thing, all the retail maps don't do this to me, only the ones I've made

...and for another, if I place a bot in the level and script him to man the turret, he will, but he won't fire, however, if I sit in the turret first (causing the muzzle to spawn) and then the bot mans the turret, he will fire as he should.

So it really seems more like the muzzle isn't physically spawning on mission startup.

-Half

Fixed:

The problem is from using the "quickstart" command (I've set up all the maps I'm working on with their own quickstarts to launch directly from the destop).

If I start T:V and host the map normally, all is well.

-Half

Back