How To Edit Chat Menu in Tribes-1?

L

Loo-see-fair

:disgust:
I know that in Tribes-2 is possible to edit the Chat Menu to change the keys used, and I want to know if it is possible to do in Tribes-1 and how can I kame these modifications.
I was looking for it in the posts of the forum, but I couldn't find it.
Can anybody help me, please?

the chatmenu.cs is inside of the scripts.vol file in tribes\base folder
see sig for links to tools to open / recompile .vol files

edit chat with notepad or word

Loo-see-fair said:
:disgust:
I know that in Tribes-2 is possible to edit the Chat Menu to change the keys used, and I want to know if it is possible to do in Tribes-1 and how can I kame these modifications.
I was looking for it in the posts of the forum, but I couldn't find it.
Can anybody help me, please?

U can go to the 5150 site and download their soundpack, and then just edit the cs file to create your own chat menu. That would be one of the easiest ways to see HOW its done. You can also open one of the vols up and edit the original chat.cs file.

Up to you...

http://www.team5150.com/downloads/5150.zip <--- the soundpack zip

team5150.com said:
Download the 5150 Soundpack and extract the 5150.vol file into your Tribes\base\voices directory. Then download the 5150.cs file and put it in your Tribes\config folder. Start up Tribes, and where you choose your player (their voice, male/female, etc) find the line that says Custom Script. Type this: 5150

THAT'S IT. Just 5150

You should be done. If you are a new user and have the problem where you can hear the sounds but you can't see the chat menu when you hit v, make sure you are not running your video in anything less than 800x600. If you are, you will not be able to see the menu. Tribes likes to hide the chat menu completely if the v chat text scrolls off the screen.

Back