Request for the admins..

MentalPiracy

Veteran XV
could you please remove the version of imperiuM i downloaded on the 8th of this month.. i need to replace it with the updated one that i have released last week or so.. after you remove it i will upload updated version thanks.thanks..

MentalPiracy*UD* said:
could you please remove the version of imperiuM i downloaded on the 8th of this month.. i need to replace it with the updated one that i have released last week or so.. after you remove it i will upload updated version thanks.thanks..

What would be BETTER is if you wouldnt release crap that isnt ready to be released !!! Saves a LOT of trouble for EVERYONE...

This is to all the other mappers/modders.

DONT RELEASE CRAP TILL its FINISHED !!! That happened with some map packs in tribes, and im sure T2 as well. Maps werent properly tested on a few select servers, and were released to community, bam, 2-3 versions to download and upgrade to, and different servers would be running different versions of the maps. PAIN IN THE ASS !!!.

So, please dont release maps till theyve been tested on a few servers, 1-2 and you are pleased with the product.

For modders, its ok to upgrade mods, but would like if if you keep the upgrades to a few :) No need to have 6-12 different ren mods or crap :) like ren 1.0 or 2.2 2.4 and so on and so on. Please stick with making a list and adding all the crap in one big update :).

Thats all :)

posr said:
What would be BETTER is if you wouldnt release crap that isnt ready to be released !!! Saves a LOT of trouble for EVERYONE...

This is to all the other mappers/modders.

DONT RELEASE CRAP TILL its FINISHED !!! That happened with some map packs in tribes, and im sure T2 as well. Maps werent properly tested on a few select servers, and were released to community, bam, 2-3 versions to download and upgrade to, and different servers would be running different versions of the maps. PAIN IN THE ASS !!!.

So, please dont release maps till theyve been tested on a few servers, 1-2 and you are pleased with the product.

For modders, its ok to upgrade mods, but would like if if you keep the upgrades to a few :) No need to have 6-12 different ren mods or crap :) like ren 1.0 or 2.2 2.4 and so on and so on. Please stick with making a list and adding all the crap in one big update :).

Thats all :)

You need some serious help... BTW i dont see you putting out any maps, if u did you would understand that there is alot of things you have to do before you can release it somtimes you dont catch them all. BTW i never released a beta version, i dont belive in doing that, the reason i had to update this one is because i made the mistake of not setting the flag stands correct. the phoenix team could score without their flag being at home.. it is a common mistake, i seen a few of the newer maps that guys have made have the same issue. but for me i will never make that mistake again. Also this was my first T:V map :cat:

MentalPiracy*UD* said:
You need some serious help... BTW i dont see you putting out any maps, if u did you would understand that there is alot of things you have to do before you can release it somtimes you dont catch them all. BTW i never released a beta version, i dont belive in doing that, the reason i had to update this one is because i made the mistake of not setting the flag stands correct. the phoenix team could score without their flag being at home.. it is a common mistake, i seen a few of the newer maps that guys have made have the same issue. but for me i will never make that mistake again. Also this was my first T:V map :cat:

I think you misunderstand a little. I just have the belief that if something is going to be released, it should be released pretty much bug free, and for maps, why release as fast as possible. Spend a month or two or three and on a few dedicated servers, run nothing but test maps and get bug reports and crap. I PROMISE if people did that, then you WOULDNT see as many bugs or mods being released/updated as often. If you have that map and are working on a few others at the time, just wait till they are fully ready for beta/bug testing on a server so you can make sure theres no kinks that need to be ironed out. I can understand somethings and GOD knows theres enough info out there that there should be little unknowns in mapping for T:V since the engines been out FOREVER... And I didnt say/claim I was a mapper/modder. I will attempt my maps at a later date :) But I will make sure NOT to release them till they are bug free :) and properly tested on a few servers for a month or two. And if there are bugs, go back to testing on a few dedicated servers that do that. Its just a pain in the ass if you have 200 servers, or if T:V ever takes off, say a 1000 servers (LOL) to get them all to run the right version of ANYTHING. Especially if theyve got one version already on there. Also make sure any sites hosting the maps get updated too, which that can be a pain in the ass also.

As long as multiple versions can coexist, I see no reason why you can't avoid having thousands of them. Just make sure you put the version in the map/file name. It's only a problem if you can't easily tell what version you're dealing with, so that files step on each other.

Back