Editing T:V quickchat menus

knuckle

Veteran X
Hey guys, just a small question. I'm customizing my T:V chat menu a bit, adding binds and removing some others. I'm working off of RegisteredFruit's T1styleChat for T:V system, if that makes any difference. My question is this: where can i edit the text that appears in the chatbox when voicebinds are used?

For example, under the Team menu:

[QuickChatMenu6_9_1]
;Watch where you're shooting
chatTag=DYN_QKC_QCALERTS_25
MessageOverride=""
keyBinding=IK_W
sayType=TeamSay

This comes up in the chatbox as "Watch where you're shooting". Say i wanted to add an exclamation on the end, would i edit the commented out bit of text? I tried that, but it didn't seem to have any effect...

This is problly un-related and might not help, but just incase heres a little tutorial i wrote a while back...

"This is a tutorial on how to find the hidden quick chat sounds and add them to your quick chat.

First open your Content\System\Localisation\Speech\Quickchat.ini
this is where you'll find all the hidden sounds (some of witch wont work with sertin voices others may not work at all).

Next open up your Content\System\quickchatmenu.ini file this is where you will put the new sounds there should be values such as "DYN_QKC_QCREQUESTS_02" this is where you will paste the new sound. If when you go to save it might only let you save as a text file in witch case cancel and minimize the window and right click you QuickChat.ini file then click properties then uncheck the box that says "Read Only" then apply then hit ok then maximize the window you where editing then save after you save make the QuickChat.ini read only again.

You can also add stuff yo the message override area and just put what you want it to show in the chat box, like you could change "Hi!" to say "Hello!" in the chat box (altho it will still play the sound of "Hi!")

Hope this helps, if you need extra help you can post here, PM me or email me at jpsimboy@gmail.com"

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

jpsimboy, that's actually what i was going to ask next. :D
Strange thing though, in my Tribes Vengeance\Content\System\Localisation\Speech directory, i don't have a Quickchat.ini file. Instead that's where all the directories with the audio files for speech from the game are. QuickChatDaniel, QuickChatJulia, Announcer1, etc. Obviously i can just go through the files and look up the filenames for the character who's voice i use... but would it be possible to use sounds from another character's voice pack? The Glorax, for example? :)

The other thing that's weird, most of the characters from SP seem to have around 190 voice clips, whereas the generic Blood Eagle, Imperial and Phoenix character voices have somewhere around 300. Anyone have any idea why that is?

(This is all from retail T:V)

Back