[Request] T1 objective soundpack

FishStix

Veteran XV
I love how T:V sounds, I really do. But I hate those fugging announcers. Could someone who has any scripting skill (namely, not me) make a T1 objective soundpack? Objective captured, objective taken, flag grabbed, flag dropped, flag returned, and flag capped. I already see some T1 soundpacks out there, but they replace disc and other weapon sounds, and I suck ass at scripting so I can't really edit the files to change it otherwise. I mean, I could learn, but I could also leave it up to the community.

I'm sure me and plenty of others would prefer a announcer replacement.

That is all.

THANKS!

*:\PROGRAM FILES\VUGames\Tribes Vengeance\Content\System\Localisation\Speech\Announcer3

A simple way to do this is back up all the files in this folder. Then replace the files you want to replace put them in this folder and rename them to the files you are replacing...

No scripting needed.
You just need to encode the wav files from t2 or t1 to 128kbit ogg files...
Use the free ogg vorbis encoder: http://www.vorbis.com (down atm, itll be back up later probably)

FishStix said:
yeah... why dont you go ahead and do that? because im sure ill fuck it up some how
Ok, I edited my last post... Now you have no excuse not to do it yourself... :)
Just gotta replace files...

If anyone does go through the trouble of converting the T1 sounds to 128kb ogg's, please make a zip of them for the lazy community =)

If it doesn't happen soon.. I may do it later.

Back