4. then clicked on admin tab
5. got this error
========

2500 1.0.1(63446)

Crash Time: 11/14/04 08:04:48

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2820 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: RADEON 9800 PRO (6490)

TV Build Number: 63446

Utility None (Function Gameplay.Utility.scanLevels:013D) Assertion failed, line 271

History: FFrame::Serialize <- UObject::CallFunction [SCRIPT='Gameplay.Utility.scanLevels' OBJ='None'] <- UObject::CallFunction [SCRIPT='Gameplay.Utility.Refresh' OBJ='None'] <- UObject::execClassContext [(TribesMPAdminPanel Transient.TribesMPAdminPanel @ Function TribesGui.TribesMPAdminPanel.Refresh : 000F)] <- UObject::CallFunction [SCRIPT='TribesGui.TribesMPAdminPanel.Refresh' OBJ='TribesMPAdminPanel'] <- UObject::CallFunction [SCRIPT='TribesGui.TribesMPAdminPanel.InternalOnActivate' OBJ='TribesMPAdminPanel'] <- UObject::execDelegateFunction [(TribesMPAdminPanel Transient.TribesMPAdminPanel @ Function GUI.GUIComponent.Activate : 001F)] <- UObject::CallFunction [SCRIPT='GUI.GUIComponent.Activate' OBJ='TribesMPAdminPanel'] <- UObject::CallFunction [SCRIPT='GUI.GUIMultiComponent.Activate' OBJ='TribesMPAdminPanel'] <- UObject::CallFunction [SCRIPT='GUI.GUITabControl.InternalOpenTabPair' OBJ='TribesMPEscapeMenu_EscapeTabControl'] <- UObject::CallFunction [SCRIPT='GUI.GUITabControl.OpenTab_GUIButton' OBJ='TribesMPEscapeMenu_EscapeTabControl'] <- UObject::CallFunction [SCRIPT='GUI.GUITabControl.TabHeaderClick' OBJ='TribesMP

maybe somebody from vugame will see this and send it ( ya right! ) lol

Here is the bug report Webpage that did not work!! .....

http://210.18.209.82/bugreporting/r...Function [SCRIPT='Gameplay.Utility.Refresh' O

I get a 404 Error page not found after I hit submit lol

Last edited:
I've had some issues like this a couple times before, where I got either a 404, or the connection seemed to just time out after I tried to submit a bug. Seems to happen every now and again.

Kinda offtopic here, but I think the name of this thread isn't entirely accurate.

This isn't a VUgame page, it's an IG page. When you submit your bug, it connects to tribes3beta.com... a domain owned by IG. Whois it.

Which brings me to my next point: Why is the bug report tool trying to connect to tribes3beta.com? The game isn't in beta any more, right? Shouldn't this be updated?

Anyways, when you submit your bug, you'll see the browser try to connect to tribes3beta.com, but end up at http://210.18.209.82/ instead.
Netcraft shows an Apache server there running mod_pointer, which I'm guessing is doing this redirection. Perhaps they did this after the game was released so people submitting reports wouldn't notice they were still submitting them to tribes3beta.com...?

And by the way, that animated GIF is cute and all, but it's not really very helpful (and o yes i did). A page that has some information about the game / bug reporting, or somehow lets the user know they're in the right place might be more useful. Last time I checked, I couldn't find anything like this through IG's site or tribesvengeance.com.

Also, why does the "Guidelines" link on the generated page link to TW forums?
Bad idea, IMO. I think maybe IG needs to make their own page for this, or am I wrong? Maybe I'm not clear on who is responsible for this.

I guess my main point is this: we're not submitting bugs for a game in beta anymore. I think IG / whoever should consider updating this system, to reflect that the game is *actually launched* now... and put up a more useful bug reporting page :p

Or maybe i'm just too picky

At0m|c said:
I don't get why that's funny. They used our forums since this is the biggest Tribes community. Makes sense to me.

why? roflmao is becuase I have never had to post a problem in the past to a fourm for any product in my life roflmfao. I have always contacted "TECNICAL SUPPORT DEPARTMENT" or by telephone.

ROFLMFAO thats why!!

T-VET said:
why? roflmao is becuase I have never had to post a problem in the past to a fourm for any product in my life roflmfao. I have always contacted "TECNICAL SUPPORT DEPARTMENT" or by telephone.

ROFLMFAO thats why!!
OMG ROFLMAO I have to do something I have NEVER DONE BEFORE AHHHAHAAAHAAHAHAHHAAA OMFG rofflezz!!!!1111

:rolleyes:

They're coming here for community feedback, so why not redirect the smaller bug reports to the same place?

Back